This is the sixteenth in a series of lessons on Hinduism for GCSE level students for the 'Beliefs, Teachings & Practices' section of the course.
It is designed for AQA and OCR specifications but relevant to all GCSE Hinduism Religious Studies teachers .
The download includes:
-A PPT Containing a Full Lesson
-A detailed lesson plan covering: objectives, key-words, differentiation, and lesson timeline
-A double-sided A3 worksheet
-A Knowledge Hunt file with learning points and images
This lesson focuses on Sacred Spaces in Hinduism:
• The nature and importance of sacred places and spaces for Hindu worship:
• Sites of pilgrimage
• Hills and rivers
• The purpose and practice of pilgrimage
• Sites of pilgrimage, including varanasi and the river Ganges, and the purpose of pilgrimage to different sites
• The significance of pilgrimage and practices for Hindus, and their relationship to the different yogas
• The importance of darshan and the different forms it can take in relation to murti, holy people and sites of holy places
• Common and divergent emphases given to the sources of wisdom and authority by different Hindi groups
• Different interpretations and emphases given to sources of wisdom and authority by different Hindu groups
This is part of a series of lessons, if you like it: save countless hours by downloading the complete course! The complete series of GCSE Hinduism lessons can be downloaded at our TES Shop: https://www.tes.com/teaching-resources/shop/godwin86
We also have learning mats, revision sessions, and much more!
Thank you for your download!
Positive reviews are greatly appreciated.