This resource contains a set of 12 revision tasks on the GCSE topic of family, a set of suspects, weapons and rooms and an answer sheet.
Each task will give students vital practice of vocabulary, grammar and exam skills. The tasks are intended as a whole class game, but can also be used as independent study, homework or extension tasks.
All tasks mirror activities the students will have to complete at their GCSE exam.
- Grammar activities
- Describing a picture
- Role play prompts
- Reading tasks
- Translation into German
- Translation into English
To play the game:
- split your class into teams of four or five students.
- print a set of tasks and an answer sheet for each team.
- print out one set of suspects, weapons and rooms.
- pick a suspect, weapon and room at random and put to one side.
- Place the remaining 12 cards face down on a table.
- Each team picks one of their tasks at a time. Once the task is completed correctly, they can have a look at one of the cards, which are face down, and eliminate a suspect, weapon or room from their answer sheet They then start work on the second task etc.
- First team that can name the correct perpetrator, murder weapon and room wins.