Updated to match my newest SOW for 2018.
The year 8 homework book is a work in progress and have added to this resource while keeping the price the same.
Three Differentiated Year 7 Maths Homework Books.
Life without levels.
30 homework’s to complete. Answers included.
These books match my SOW found on TES.
You can also find my Year 7 curriculum grid on TES.
You can change the names of the different tiers to suit your school.
Low: Level 4 Middle: Level 5 High: Level 6 Able: Level 6/7
Can be used for both KS2 and KS3.
Powers of 10 and negative numbers, converting units, area and perimeter, expressions, formula and algebraic fractions, fractions, calculating fractions, fractions and percentages, FDP, angles, properties of 2D shapes, probability, Venn diagrams, graphs, rounding, order of operations (BIDMAS), integer calculations, transformations, solving equations, number (multiples, factors, primes, squares and cubes), sequences, decimal calculations, proportion, ratio, averages and spread, charts and diagrams, collecting data, construction and 3D shapes and Volume.
1. Powers of 10: looks at multiplying and dividing decimal numbers by 10, 100 and 1000.
2. Multiply and Divide by Powers of 10: looks at multiplying and dividing numbers by 0.1, 0.01, 1/10, 1/100 etc.
3. Both lessons are well differentiated.
My biggest ever quiz containing over 180 questions.
7 different categories to pick from
Music (2000’s, 2010’s, Pictue Round)
Sports (Nicknames, Tops, 2010’s, Sports Stars)
Geography (Flags, Country Outlines, Geography Knowledge)
Celebrities (Childhood, Eyes, Knowledge)
Science and Nature (Animal Photos, Animal and Science Knowledge, Famous Scientists)
Movies (2000’s, 2010’s)
Apps and Logos. (4 Pics 1 Word, App Icons, Logo Quiz)
At the end of each round there is a twist.
This activity contains videos and sound.
Does not work on apple/macs.
Follow the Following instructions
Fully extract all files and folders
Open activity by clicking on the play file.
Any Issues please let me know.
A PowerPoint demonstrating to work out the circumference of a circle
Starter investigation allowing pupils to find the relationship between the circumference of a circle and the diameter.
A well designed and differentiated worksheet on the circumference of a circle allowing pupils to maximise progress.
Includes perimeters of semi circles, 1/4 circles and 3/4 circles.
PowerPoint contains detailed answers to the worksheet.
A PowerPoint taking through reverse percentages including bar models to help pupils better understand.
1. Examples including Bar Model
2. Tarsia puzzle for Fluency
3. Problem Solving questions and a RICH task
Tarsia can be downloaded via: http://www.mmlsoft.com/index.php/products/tarsia
1. Highly visual PowerPoint taking pupils through the different types of angles in parallel lines.
2. A well differentiated worksheet encourgaing pupils to give reasons for their answers.
3. Worksheet includes 3 challenging GCSE questions and a NRICH task.
4. PowerPoint includes fully worked out answers.
Fractions lessons designed for pupils learning how to simplify, add, subtract, multiply and divide fractions.
Highly visual to support pupils understanding of fractions.
1. Simplifying Fractions
2. Improper Fractions and Mixed Numbers
3. Fractions of Amounts
4. Adding and Subtracting Fractions
5. Multiplying and Dividing Fractions
Converting between metric units of length, mass (weight) and capacity.
1. PowerPoint demonstrating converting units
2. Worksheet including a crossnumber (Number crossword) and problem solving and reasoning questions.
3. Answers included on the PowerPoint.
Update: Crossword has been fixed.
1. A PowerPoint taking pupils through interior and exterior angles of polygons.
2. A well designed worksheet encouraging pupils to investigate interior and exterior angles. Two differentiated activities on finding interior and exterior angles allowing pupils maximise their progress.
3. PowerPoint includes answers to the worksheet.
Updated with fixes to worksheet
1. A PowerPoint designed to prompt pupils to fully understand 3D shapes.
2. A worksheet allowing pupils to investigate Euler's Formula. Questions within the worksheet are well differentiated to allow pupils to maximise their progress. Pupils will also investigate Platonic shapes.
3. Pupils will gain a full understanding of Prisms and Pyramids.
4. Pupils will gain knowledge on Polyhedrons and Non-Polyhedrons. Pupils will be able to explain why a Cylinder is not a Prism.
5. All misconceptions are addressed in this lesson.
32 weeks of quick mental numeracy questions which are to be completed in form time. Each session should take between 5 to 10 minutes to complete.
Over 600 question per year in total:
Year 7 and 8 workbook. NEW: MIXED QUESTIONS ADDED EVERY TWO WEEKS
NEW: YEAR 9 HAS NOW BEEN ADDED
Topics include the following:
Powers of 10
Multiples and factors
Fractions of amounts
Simple adding and subtracting fractions
Converting between FDP
Percentages of amounts
Squares and cubes
Collecting like terms
1. Includes a PowerPoint and a worksheet designed to allow all pupils make progress and grain a full understanding of decimal place value.
2. Decimal place value: Tenths, hundredths and thousandths.
3. Highly visual approach to teaching and learning decimal place value.