1. Starter on percentages of amounts
2. Mental methods on percentage increase and decrease
3. Calculator method on percentage increase and decrease
4. Examples include the bar model to help pupils understand that the original amount equals 100%
The Radius: Working out the gradient and length of the radius
The Tangent: Working out the equation of a tangent and applying it to solve problems
Equation of a Circle: Drawing circles from their equations
Solving simultaneous equations graphically.
Solving simultaneous equations algebraically.
Adding and subtracting fractions.
1. Adding and subtracting fractions using diagrams (same denominator)
2. Adding and subtracting fractions with the same denominator.
3. Adding and subtracting fractions with different denominators.
4. Adding and subtracting mixed numbers.
5. Activities include problem solving and RICH tasks.
6. Examples come with diagrams to help pupils gain full understanding.
1. A PowerPoint designed to prompt pupils to fully understand 3D shapes.
2. A worksheet allowing pupils to investigate Euler's Formula. Questions within the worksheet are well differentiated to allow pupils to maximise their progress. Pupils will also investigate Platonic shapes.
3. Pupils will gain a full understanding of Prisms and Pyramids.
4. Pupils will gain knowledge on Polyhedrons and Non-Polyhedrons. Pupils will be able to explain why a Cylinder is not a Prism.
5. All misconceptions are addressed in this lesson.
Part 1: Converting between metric units of length, mass (weight) and capacity.
1. PowerPoint demonstrating converting units
2. Worksheet including a crossnumber (Number crossword) and problem solving and reasoning questions.
3. Answers included on the PowerPoint.
Update: Crossword has been fixed.
Part 2: Imperial Units
Contains examples, conversions and problem solving on the following:
Converting between imperial units
Converting between imperial and metric units.
1. Powers of 10: looks at multiplying and dividing decimal numbers by 10, 100 and 1000.
2. Multiply and Divide by Powers of 10: looks at multiplying and dividing numbers by 0.1, 0.01, 1/10, 1/100 etc.
3. Both lessons are well differentiated.
4. Now with a newer resource for more able pupils.
1. Highly visual PowerPoint taking pupils through the different types of angles in parallel lines.
2. A well differentiated worksheet encourgaing pupils to give reasons for their answers.
3. Worksheet includes 3 challenging GCSE questions and a NRICH task.
4. PowerPoint includes fully worked out answers.
Fractions lessons designed for pupils learning how to simplify, add, subtract, multiply and divide fractions.
Highly visual to support pupils understanding of fractions.
1. Simplifying Fractions
2. Improper Fractions and Mixed Numbers
3. Fractions of Amounts
4. Adding and Subtracting Fractions
5. Multiplying and Dividing Fractions
A bundle containing highly visual and detailed activities on all things angles.
The activities are well differentiated and allows pupils to make maximum progress.
Each activity has a corresponding PowerPoint taking pupils through the different facts.
Each PowerPoint has detailed solutions to the activities.
A PowerPoint demonstrating how to find the area of a circle.
Investigation starter allowing pupils to find the relationship between the radius of a circle and the area of a circle.
A well designed and differentiated worksheet on areas of circles allowing pupils to maximise progress
PowerPoint contains detailed answers to the worksheet.
Introduction to rearranging simple formula including fractions, negatives, squares and square roots.
Broken up into 2 lessons.
1 lesson contains a card sort.
Lessons include problem solving, STEM questions and answers.
1. A PowerPoint taking pupils through interior and exterior angles of polygons.
2. A well designed worksheet encouraging pupils to investigate interior and exterior angles. Two differentiated activities on finding interior and exterior angles allowing pupils maximise their progress.
3. PowerPoint includes answers to the worksheet.
Updated with fixes to worksheet
Sketching quadratic graphs using completing the square and the quadratic formula.
Solving quadratic equations using graphs.
Solve quadratic and linear simultaneous equations using graphs.
All worksheet free with examples, questions and answers.