These are question cards on Chemical Bonding and include questions on ionic bonds, covalent bonds, metallic bonds, metals, non-metals, electrons, giant covalent structures, simple covalent structure, graphite, diamond, electrical conductivity, identifying bond type from pictures, and solubility of bonds.
These are made to go with the Science Revision Board Game I made which I use with KS3 and KS4 students to revise for their end of unit tests or exams. The board game and some sample question cards are freely available at
If the game board isn’t quite how you’d like it, or if you want your own question cards you could download my ‘Make Your Own Revision Board Game Resource Pack’ which can be purchased at
For the teacher, this is quick and easy revision activity that requires a one-time set up and then it can be used time and time again! Very little effort is required by you and the students can happily spend all lesson playing the game (if you let them) leaving you free to do what you fancy! My students love it and I get chance to sit down with the students who need extra help, or catch up on a bit of marking.
To get started:
• Print the board game on white A3 paper.
• Print the question cards on blue paper/card, cut them up and pop them in little bags.
• Print the hazard cards on yellow paper/card, cut them up and pop them in little bags.
• Laminate the board game (optional but makes the game last longer)
• Get a little stash of counters or items that could be used as the player pieces e.g. coloured paper circles, novelty rubbers, little model etc
• Get some dice.
For a class of 30 I’ve found that 6 groups of 5 work quite well, therefore you’d need 6 game boards and 6 packs of cards.
For each unit taught I’ve made my own quiz cards so the students can test themselves on the unit content, I have quite a few different units which I am in the processing of uploading to TES now. Keep your eyes peeled for the bundles I am putting together.