This is a revision booklet I have made for the new spec psychology paper on the topic of Schizophrenia. I used these notes only alongside practice Q's and achieved an A* in A Level Psychology... you can too!
It has been presented in a concise and memorable way and can be used as it is (printed out as a booklet or downloaded on iBooks on your phone) or converted into your own flashcards or mindmap. Personally I printed it as a booklet and then added little pictures to sum up different points/ theories/ evaluation ideas to make them memorable.
Perfect for students aiming for an A/A* due to its depth and breadth but also beneficial for all psychology students as it covers all areas of the specification (everything you could be asked) in an accessible way.
It covers every topic in this area of the spec:
• Classification of schizophrenia. Positive symptoms of schizophrenia, including hallucinations and
delusions. Negative symptoms of schizophrenia, including speech poverty and avolition. Reliability
and validity in diagnosis and classification of schizophrenia, including reference to co-morbidity,
culture and gender bias and symptom overlap.
• Biological explanations for schizophrenia: genetics, the dopamine hypothesis and neural correlates.
• Psychological explanations for schizophrenia: family dysfunction and cognitive explanations,
including dysfunctional thought processing.
• Drug therapy: typical and atypical antipsychotics.
• Cognitive behaviour therapy and family therapy as used in the treatment of schizophrenia. Token
economies as used in the management of schizophrenia.
• The importance of an interactionist approach in explaining and treating schizophrenia; the diathesisstress
Check out my shop for more: https://www.tes.com/teaching-resources/shop/astarlevels