Unit 1 to six planning for Read Write Inc - Literacy and Language
Unit 1 – Picture book, story with familiar setting, explanation text.
Unit 2 – Rhyming picture book, variety of poems, non-chronological report.
Unit 3 – Picture book, playscript, persuasive writing.
Unit 4 - Picture book, traditional tale, instruction text.
Unit 5 – Picture book, story with familiar setting, communication texts (email and letter).
Unit 6 – Picture book, fantasy story, information text.
Fiction texts for Year 2:
• Cottonwool Colin by Jeanne Willis and Tony Ross (A picture book).
• Sister for Sale by Adrian Bradbury (A story with a familiar setting).
• The Fish Who Could Wish by John Bush and Korky Paul (A picture book).
• Little Croc’s Purse by Lizzie Finlay (A picture book).
• Oh Gnome! By Lou Kuenzler (A playscript).
• Billy Monster’s Daymare by Alan Durant and Ross Collins (A picture book).
• Beauty and the Beast by Gill Howell (A traditional tale).
• The Night Shimmy by Gwen Strauss and Anthony Browne (A picture book).
• Chatterbox Ben by Adrian Bradbury (A story with a familiar setting).
• G.E.M. by Jane Clarke and Garry Parsons (A picture book).
• Chocolate Planet by Jon Blake (A story set in a fantasy world).
Please not you will need Read Write Inc Literacy and Language program to access the story books