Year 2 - Come and see R.E planning
Topic 1 - Beginnings
Topic 2 - Signs and Symbols
Topic 3 - Preparations
Topic 4 - Books
Topic 5- Thanksgiving
Topic 7 - Spread the word
Topic 8 - Rules
No Topic 6 and 9
Lesson plans using Come and See with differentiated activities
come and see power points available on come and see website
Unit 1 to six planning for Read Write Inc - Literacy and Language
Unit 1 – Picture book, story with familiar setting, explanation text.
Unit 2 – Rhyming picture book, variety of poems, non-chronological report.
Unit 3 – Picture book, playscript, persuasive writing.
Unit 4 - Picture book, traditional tale, instruction text.
Unit 5 – Picture book, story with familiar setting, communication texts (email and letter).
Unit 6 – Picture book, fantasy story, information text.
Fiction texts for Year 2:
• Cottonwool Colin by Jeanne Willis and Tony Ross (A picture book).
• Sister for Sale by Adrian Bradbury (A story with a familiar setting).
• The Fish Who Could Wish by John Bush and Korky Paul (A picture book).
• Little Croc’s Purse by Lizzie Finlay (A picture book).
• Oh Gnome! By Lou Kuenzler (A playscript).
• Billy Monster’s Daymare by Alan Durant and Ross Collins (A picture book).
• Beauty and the Beast by Gill Howell (A traditional tale).
• The Night Shimmy by Gwen Strauss and Anthony Browne (A picture book).
• Chatterbox Ben by Adrian Bradbury (A story with a familiar setting).
• G.E.M. by Jane Clarke and Garry Parsons (A picture book).
• Chocolate Planet by Jon Blake (A story set in a fantasy world).
Please not you will need Read Write Inc Literacy and Language program to access the story books
Maths find the missing number
Working at greater Depth .. interim framework - year 2 - solve more complex missing number problems (e.g. 14 + • – 3 = 17; 14 + Δ = 15 + 27)
Working at - recognise the inverse relationships between addition and subtraction and use this to check calculations and work out
missing number problems (e.g. Δ − 14 = 28)
Working towards - use number bonds and related subtraction facts within 20 (e.g. 18 = 9 + ?; 15 = 6 + ?)