A SOLO taxonomy lesson on why life exists on Earth.
Created as a successful interview lesson, it involves movement around the room and regular assessment point checks.
All resources are ready to be printed at the end of the PowerPoint. Ready to print and go.
Lesson 1 of the Y7 unit Atoms, Elements and Compounds. Aimed at a higher level Y7 group. Grades are in the new 1-9 format.
A variety of activities to introduce year 7 to elements and the periodic table. Group work, competitions and a short homework activity are included.
Worksheets adapted from various resources on the TES.
Cartoon Periodic Elements
Triptico resource share link in included in the slide notes if you would like an interactive version and you have a Triptico account.
Please review my resources and check out all my other lesson plans.
Lesson one of the year 8 unit - Planet Earth. Suitable for low-mid range year 8 group. Grades are 1-9.
Presentation takes students through the structure of the Earth through various activities. I have adapted the worksheet from this one.
I use Triptico for some of my activities. I highly recommend this resource - lots of fun little activities. If you do have an account, feel free to message me with your username and I shall add you to my shared group so you can have the activities too.
A colourful and engaging 50-minute lesson on how to wire a plug.
This resource has four level of differentiation and is fully resourced. The objectives are linked to GSCE 9-1 grades.
This lesson is suitable for all levels at KS3 and low ability KS4.
A fully-resourced, 50-minute practical lesson on resistance and wire length.
This resource includes:
- A colourful and engaging presentation
- Covers practical instructions, circuit diagrams, how to calculate resistance, risk assessments
- Objectives with GCSE 9-1 grades
- Worksheets with 4 levels of differentiation
- Copyright infringement free images
This lesson is suitable for high ability KS3 and all levels of KS4.
A PowerPoint, handout and selection of exam questions to match the new 7401 and 7402 specification for AQA Biology: 3.4.4 - Genetic Diversity and Adaptation. It is timed for a 50-minute lesson.
Handout used alongside presentation to form notes and aid Q&A. Exam questions for assessment at end of lesson. Examiners report included.
A lesson that takes students on a journey through groups 1 an 7 of the periodic table.
Students have to spot patterns and trends in data and then apply this knowledge. Exam question practice and a small practical involving magnetic marbles. Suitable for a higher ability group.
Designed to match AQA Trilogy Combined Science and AQA Chemistry.
PowerPoint containing objectives, keywords and progression check questions for EDEXCEL A-level Biology Year 1 Topic 1 - Biological Molecules.
Also contains a checklists with success criteria and keywords for each lesson. Suitable for RAGing during teaching and revision. Space next to each keyword for a definition and/or RAGing activities.
An editable and PDF version of an objective checklist and keyword list for the new AQA Biology Year 1 Topic 4.
RAG column for when first covered, column for date revised and RAG for after revision. Allows students to monitor their progress and immediately see where they need to focus for revision.
Keyword list also has space for definitions to be written down next to the word. Could also be then used for RAGing the understanding of the keywords.
Objectives are adapted from the AQA A-Level Biology specification.
A colourful and attractive display on how to revise for exam.
This display features:
- Tips for what students should be doing more or less of when it comes to revision
- The concept of the revision 'Power Hour' and how to structure this time
Can be used solely as a display or sections can be given as cards or information packs to students.
Lettering sets from http://www.instantdisplay.co.uk/alphabetsets.htm
A fully-resourced 50-minute lesson on investigating voltage and potential difference in fruity batteries.
This resource includes:
- A colourful and engaging presentation and worksheets
- Objectives that are GCSE 9-1 graded
- Planning worksheets with three levels of challenge
- Copyright infringement free images
This lesson is suitable for all levels at KS3.
Colourful cards and pockets to create an extension activity display.
Lots of activities sorted into four categories - summary, application, word games and planning.
Student choose an activity from the pocket specified or allow free choice.
A colourful and informative display on Islamic Inventions.
Features information and images about eight major Islamic developments such as algebra, coffee, cameras, clocks and surgical instruments.
Questions and answers make the board more interactive and interesting to look at.
All images are free from copyright.
A 100-minute lesson on AQA Biology Year 1 - Water, ATP and Inorganic Ions.
- Diagrams of ATP and the reactions involved
- Video links to checked and quality-assured videos
- Full objectives linked to the AQA Biology specification
- Information cards on water and inorganic ions
- Essay question on the properties of water to assess student progress
- Colourful slides and easy to read fonts
Good independent learning opportunities, a variety of tasks and an easy to use, print and go presentation.
A growing bundle of checklists and keywords for years 1 and 2 A-Level Biology saving 20% off individual prices.
Students can RAG their learning after each topic and then after revision.
Keywords have space for a definition which can then also be RAGged during revision time.
A whole lesson looking at the human impact on the distribution of bees.
- An engaging and fun starter - full instructions in the notes section
- Differentiated activities designed to provoke thinking and reasoning skills
- Extension activities using relevant news articles
- Graded objectives matching the new 1-9 system
- Colourful presentation with copyright infringement free images throughout
- Suitable for a 50 minute lesson
A lesson on preparing onion cells slides.
- Differentiated starter activity
- Microscope worksheet
- Full objectives
This resource was updated on 17/10/16 to add:
- Bingo activity with clues
- Magnification extension activity
Resource updates on 21/10/16 to add:
- Onion cell slide pictures
A colourful and engaging 50 minute investigative science lesson.
Based on the technical challenge from the hit TV baking show, students are given a brief method and a success criteria - to find the exact height needed to drop a ball in order for it to bounce 32cm.
They have to use the equipment, set it up, get results, plot a graph and extrapolate the answer before filling in an evaluation.
This resource features:
- Three levels of challenge with further differentiation potential using the hint cards
- Colourful slides with copyright infringement free images
- Common targets on a slide using the dot marking system (resource can be found here https://www.tes.com/teaching-resource/dot-marking-regain-your-life-11165485)
A lesson that takes the students on a journey through the Noble Gases.
Students have to spot trends and patterns from data and write conclusions. Fully differentiated with three levels of challenge. Exit pass to finish.
Designed to match AQA Trilogy Combined Science and AQA Chemistry specifications.