A colourful, engaging and stimulating resource to teach post-16 transcription and translation.
To my year 12 biology students, this was "the best lesson ever" and really helped them understanded transcription and translation.
- 16 different student worksheets practising converting DNA to mRNA and identifying amino acids each codon codes for
- Block collecting grid for the end of the activity
- Print and laminate set of 'blocks' if no building blocks available
- Differentiation possibilities - some sheets and start codons, others have repeat codons to make it easier/more challenging.
- Crib sheets for both parts of the activity
- Full teacher pack featuring pictures of the finished polypeptides, mRNA sequences and the amino acids coded for.
This has been trialled twice and all errors to the best of my knowledge removed but if you find one, instead of leaving negative feedback, send me an email and I shall get it sorted ASAP.
Best blocks to use are a basic Lego box with some Wilko's Blox added in to bulk up the numbers. Alternatively, there is loads of Lego on eBay at a very reasonable price .