This product is used to assess the students' understanding which includes: matching letter sounds with the pictures, matching the words and its meaning and also filling in the blanks. This can be used as flashcards too. You can print and laminate and use dry erase markers to answer the activities.
Words with pictures in this product:
Group 1 -satipn
Words from Finger Phonics book 1 :
s- sun, sand, nest, spots
a- apple, man, jam, hat
t- top, cats, tin, nut
i- ill, sit, hill, lip, cup
p- pig, spin, pop
n- neck, hand, nip, man
Group 2 - ckehrmd
Words from Finger Phonics book 2 :
ck- click, clock, cat, kitten
e-elf, end, well, hen
h- hot, help, happy, hill
r-rip, rabbit, rat, drip,
m- swim, bump, mat, mug
d- dog, dig, wedding, red, drum
Group 3 goulfb:
g - glug, gold, beg, hug
o - off, octopus, lost, hot
u - under, up, sun, cup
l - lick, lemon, melt, bell
f - fun, flag, soft, fluff
b - ball, bib, rabbit, crab
Group 4 ai - aim, snail, rain, train
j - jug, jumper, jeans, jet
oa - oak, croak, boat, coat
ie - tie, lie, pie, die
ee - eel, sheep, bee, feet
or - storm, torn, fork, corn
Group 5 z - buzz, zip, zoo, fizzy
w - wet, west, windmill, swift
ng - long, lungs, bang, ring
v - van, vest, very, drive
oo - book, look, hook, took
oo - cook, moon, soon, shoot, tooth
Group 6 y, x, ch, sh, th, th:
y - yes, yummy, yell, yellow
x - fox, box, six, exit
ch - chicken, chop, stitch, bunch
sh - ship, fishes, sheep, wish
th - that, with, then, father
th - thin, three, moth, cloth
Finger Phonics Group 7 qu, ou, oi, ue, er, ar
qu- queen, quiet, liquid, squirrel
ou - out, sour, cloud, found
oi - oink, point, coin, boil
ue - hue, value, rescue, barbeque
er - her, dinner, sister, herb
ar - art, start, park, car
1. They can make good fillers and warm-ups.
2. Good for revision, practice and test preparation.
3. They can reinforce instruction.
4. It can be done in pairs or small groups, helping develop communication and teamwork skills.
5. It can help stimulate independent learning.
6. They can provide a good deal of repetition, often vital for internalizing concepts.
7. They are useful for assessment of learning and/or progress.
8. Help them gain their confidence by going to the board and answer the matching type of test.
If you want to buy them in parts, please check them out here in my store: