Revision powerpoints for the following AQA Chemistry 1 topics:
1- Atom and Periodic Table
2- Structure and Bonding
3- Quantitative Chemistry
4- Chemical Changes
5- Energy Changes
Most material covered. Quick recap of knowledge covering aprox 1 slide per lesson.
Ideal for student revision at home, or presentations (the slides are fully animated).
100 short answer questions to aid in the revision of Biology 2 for the new spec GCSE (AQA).
Topics covered: Energy Changes, The Rate and Extent of Chemical Change, Organic Chemistry, Chemical Analysis, Atmospheric Chemistry, Using Resources
A complete 15 slide lesson on reaction profiles to follow on from exothermic and endothermic reactions and reaction profiles.
Starter activity questions
Fully animated slides to teach the calculation of bond energies.
Step by step instructions on how to calculate bond energies.
AfL activities for theory and calculations.
Step by step answers to the questions.
- To be able to describe the energy changes in bond breaking and bond making.
- To be able to explain how a reaction is endothermic or exothermic overall.
- To be able to calculate the energy transferred in chemical reactions using bond energies.
A complete 20 slide lesson on reaction profiles to follow on from exothermic and endothermic reactions.
Starter activity questions
Fully animated slides to teach reaction profiles for exothermic and endothermic reactions.
AfL activities for the above.
Explanation of activation including ethanol as a demo.
A choice of consolidation activity.
- To be able to draw reaction profile diagrams.
- To be able to use reaction profile diagrams to identify exothermic and endothermic reactions.
- To be able to explain activation energy
100 short answer questions to aid in the revision of Physics 1 for the new spec GCSE (AQA).
Topics covered: Atomic Structure and the Periodic Table, Bonding, Structure and Properties, Quantitative Chemistry, Chemical Changes
A whole unit for 'Introduction to Science'.
This includes the lesson PowerPoints for:
-Safety in a Science Lab
- Equipment in a Science Lab
- Writing a Scientific Method (Covers variable and introduces a practical investigation).
- Drawing a Graph (Covers conducting the practical and learning how to draw graphs).
- Investigation 2 (Where they can practice the skills they have previously learnt).
It also includes a knowledge organiser for key word revision, practical requirements and an end of unit assessment.
All lessons draw upon knowledge from the previous lessons in the scheme.
Perfect for year 7 classes starting the course
An excel doc. mapping out the skills covered in each Required Practical Activity.
The skills include: Biology, Chemistry and Physics ATs, working scientifically (WS) skills and maths skills (MS).
This resource is useful for planning out the required practicals based on their skills for the new spec AQA GCSE.
Links below to Quizlet key word learning games for chemistry 1 new specification.
Appropriate for Separate Chemistry and Triology.
4.1 – Atoms and the periodic table:
4.2 – Chemical Bonding
4.3 – Quantitative Chemistry
4.4 – Chemical Reactions