A series of 12 x self - contained lessons covering key areas from the Cold War GCSE syllabus. Originally made for OCR syllabus, but designed in a way that it can easily be used for any exam qualification / syllabus.
Includes lessons on:
A. Who was to blame for the Cold War?
1. How did the USA – USSR alliance begin to break down in 1945?
2. How had the USSR gained control of Eastern Europe by 1948?
3. How did the USA react to Soviet expansion?
4. Who was more to blame for the start of the Cold War, the USA or the USSR?
B. Who won the Cuban Missile Crisis?
5. How did the USA react to the Cuban Revolution?
6. Why did Khrushchev put missiles into Cuba?
7. Why did Kennedy react as he did?
8. Who won the Cuban Missile Crisis?
C. Why did the USA fail in Vietnam?
9. Why did the USA get increasingly involved in Vietnam?
10. What were the different ways that the USA and the Communists fought the war?
11. Whose tactics were the most effective – the USAs or the Communists?
12. Why did the USA withdraw from Vietnam?
Each lesson contains:
Very clear notes covering key evidence / information (see sample picture)
Plenary revision questions