NOTE – this is an edited version of the A-Level lesson and contains some of the same content.
This is one lesson taken from a full scheme! The entire scheme is available in my shop, as are the rest of the individual lessons.
This lesson further explores the technical codes used as part of Media Language, specifically focussing on sound and editing, sequencing and selection.
- Individual Power-Point lesson with objectives, success criteria mapped to grades/levels, starter activity, main tasks with examples, plenary assessment, extension activities for further learning and extensive teachers notes
The full scheme of Media Language includes enough content to last well over 20 hours in the classroom, including:
- Individual Power-Point lessons such as this one
- Comprehensive terminology list covering every element of the topic required by students
- A variety of ‘in topic’ assessments to track progress and learning
- Practical and written assessment activities for the end of the topic
- A time saving and innovative ‘symbol marking’ feedback system
- Home learning questions
- Assessment mark sheet
- Revision and practice lessons
The full scheme covers the topic of Media Language as part of the theoretical framework as outlined by AQA in their latest specification, but can just as easily serve any exam board and a variety of courses. There are extensive references to the academic theories relevant to Media Language and detailed teachers notes on each slide to help your own understanding and delivery.
These notes include possible answers and responses to the tasks set out in the lessons and help to make this as close to a “teach-by-numbers” experience as possible. All you need to do is read through the lessons beforehand to perfect your delivery.
The full scheme is designed for A-level but is easily adapted to suit GCSE, BTEC and any other course.
It is ideal for teachers who have little to no previous experience with the academic side of the media, as well as for those who require accurate and detailed lessons on the topics.
“This is a massive time saver for any media teacher. All of the example texts are included so you don’t have to trudge around the internet looking for things. The theories are clearly and simply explained and the terminology list is a real bonus. I can’t tell you how many hours this has saved me, plus my students have begun to really engage with the lessons. I can’t thank you enough for this – well worth the money!”
“The symbol marking feedback thing is great. I gave feedback to an entire class in 10 minutes within a lesson so didn’t have to take books home to mark. That alone was worththe money Thanks you so much”