Are you looking for a great way to explore the Industrial Revolution with your class? This product incorporates INQUIRY BASED LEARNING along with key sub-topics from the first and second Industrial Revolution. By the end of this project, students will have guided their own independent research, conducted organized notes throughout the process, and (with the use of technology) created their own advertisement for their focus invention.
Included in this product you will find:
1) Teacher guide & explanation of product uses
2) Student rubric & detailed project guide
3) List of suggested inventions for research
4) Sample finished product
5) Easy print-and-go grading rubrics
Here are some suggested uses for this product:
1) Independent research
2) Integrated Social Science project
3) Science-focused project while discussing key inventors or scientists
4) Formative assessment following an in-class unit on the Industrial Revolution
This product is geared towards 4TH-9TH GRADE STUDENTS, as it requires a great deal of independent research, reading, and note-taking. Genius Hour projects are meant to be student-led, with final projects that reflect student learning. After implementing several of these projects in my own classroom, I highly encourage teachers to try at least ONE of these projects throughout the year. Students truly engage with the material when given CHOICE and FREEDOM to research topics of their own interest.
After downloading, please rate & review my product! I love feedback!