A GCSE History revision or mapping sheet for Germany, 1890–1945.
The worksheet clearly 'maps out' what students need to understand in preparation for their exams. The content is presented in short bullet-points/statements that students can be tested against.
The revision sheet is great for a variety of AFL activities:
- Test students on the unit's key vocabulary / people / events.
- RAG rate bullet-points to identify issues that require further study.
- Form the basis of peer or group revision activities.
This worksheet was created for the AQA GCSE History unit Germany, 1890-1945: Democracy & Dictatorship (an option in Section A of Paper 1 - Understanding the modern world). However, the worksheet would also be useful for aspects of all of the following:
- Edexcel GCSE History: Weimar and Nazi Germany, 1918–39 (an option in Paper 3 - Modern depth studies).
- OCR GCSE History A - Explaining the Modern World: Germany 1925–1955: The People and the State (a non-British depth study option in Paper 1 - International Relations, 1918–c.2001).
- OCR GCSE History B - Schools History Project: Living under Nazi Rule, 1933–1945 (a world depth study option in Paper 3 - World History).
- WJEC GCSE History: Germany in Transition, 1919-1939 (an option in Unit 2: Studies in Depth - History with a European / world focus).
Finally, from experience, the sheet does work. Students appreciate a one page summary of what to revise and what they need to know if they want to approach their exam with confidence.