This is a six-week resource is aimed at KS2 and can be delivered by teachers or parents with no specialist musical knowledge as well as specialists who want a ready-made half term course in composing using iPads. This resource pack includes everything you need to deliver the course successfully - an overview of the course, a list of resources needed, a comprehensive PowerPoint with a step-by-step guide in 6 detailed lesson plans and a simple assessment sheet.
Use GarageBand and deliver lessons confidently, no previous experience is needed. In this six-week course pupils will learn how to create a simple song in GarageBand using Smart Instruments and Apple loops and how to record vocals and add effects.
Meet the National Curriculum aims for KS2, including
• Develop an understanding of musical composition
• Organising and manipulating ideas within musical structures
• Playing [virtual] musical instruments with increasing accuracy, fluency and control
• Compose music for a range of purposes using the inter-related dimensions of music
Differentiated activities are included, and children are encouraged to make their own musical choices about the sound and style of their song.
Have fun remixing ‘In the Hall of the Mountain King’ with body percussion & classroom instruments. Make an arrangement, improvise and create a graphic score.
This plan covers all aspects of the KS2 national curriculum for music, particularly to ‘develop an understanding of the history of music’, and includes everything you need - an overview of the course, five detailed lesson plans, audio examples and a detailed assessment sheet.
In this resource you will:
• Listen to a piece of classical music and learn about the orchestra.
• Learn how to create music for a story.
• Compare music written in the 1870’s with the pop music of today.
• Play together on tuned and un-tuned percussion instruments using the inter-related dimensions of music to add variety and colour to your piece.
• Learn a body-percussion pattern and transfer it on to instruments in order to make a contemporary remix of In the Hall of the Mountain King by Grieg.
Meet the aims of the KS2 National Curriculum for music, including:
• Play and perform in solo and ensemble contexts…playing musical instruments with increasing accuracy, fluency, control and expression.
• Improvise and compose music for a range of purposes using the inter-related dimensions of music.
• Listen with attention to detail.
• Appreciate and understand a wide range of high-quality live and recorded music drawn from different traditions and from great composers and musicians.
• Develop an understanding of the history of music.