Teaching sight words are such an important component of reading success, which is why we have created fun and engaging book that helps students master sight words.
Sight words are very important for your child to master because, believe it or not, “sight words account for up to 75% of the words used in beginning children’s printed material”, according to Study to identify High-Frequency Words in Printed Materials, by D.J. Kear &M.A. Gladhart.
This Sight Word Activity Book works with Pre-primer words:
a, and, away, big, blue, can, come, down, find, for, funny, go, help, here, I, in, is, it, jump, little, look, make, me, my, not, one, play, red, run, said, see, the, three, to, two, up, we, where, yellow and you.
Sight Word Activity Book includes:
• Find and Circle it Students find the specified sight word within a group of different words with a variety of fonts.
• Trace it Students will be able to trace the specified sight word two times using proper letter formation. This will also help them practice good penmanship.
• Color it The color it portion helps students read and recognize color words while coloring the sight word according to the color code.
• Highlight it Grab the highlighters (or crayons) and lets students find the specified sight word in a group of 12 sight words.
• Put it in a Sentence There are two simple sentences where students will write the sight word and read the sentence with the sight word. All of the sentences are designed with beginning readers in mind and mostly include sight words and short vowel words.
• Box it Up Students will box up the word two times. One box it up box is traceable and the other box is meant to have student spell out the word.