PLEASE NOTE: In a previous version, some slides were In fact missing. As of 19/01/16 the correct version has now been linked up. Thank you for the review, pointing this out. If you attempt to download again, the updated version will be included.
This is a superb set of resources to deliver an intensive revision session for Business Studies. This has been planned around the EDEXCEL Unit 1 specification, however could be used for other exam boards (see links to other specifications below).
• Overview of the course and exam
1. Purpose of business
2. Goods and services
3. Objectives – financial and non financial
4. Market research – methods, primary/secondary, qualitative and quantitative, marketing mix.
5. Market mapping
7. Added Value – sources, USPs, 4 P’s
9. Market demand and supply
10. Franchising – adv and dis, key terms
11. Enterprise and enterprise skills
12. Entrepreneurs – characteristics/qualities
14. Innovation and invention
16. Taking a calculated risk – upsides and downsides
17. Revenues, costs, profits
18. Cash flow – forecasting/Statement, inflows/outflows, improving cash flow, reducing costs
19. Cash flow – closing balance/net cash flow, things that affect cash flow. (GET IT Strategy)
20. Obtaining finance – long term/short term/internal and external
21. Impact of interest rates
22. Exchange rates
23. Limited and unlimited liability/sole traders
24. Business decisions and stakeholders
25. Business plan
26. Start up/tax issue – NI, income, VAT, corporation tax. Business names. HMRC.
28. Customer satisfaction, good customer service and repeat purchase.
29. Recruiting staff (process and documents) training (on and off the job) and motivating, employment legislation.
30. Business cycle.