The 'Limestone and Building Materials' topic looks at uses of limestone and reactions of the carbonates.
Can you state the general equation for the reaction between a metal carbonate and acid?
Can you construct equations (word and symbol) for reactions studied?
1. Alternative lesson starter on limestone cycle, good for revision also.
2. Help sheet for students to understand the products formed when acids react with carbonates, should be used after practical.
3. Essential homework sheet. The social and environmental impacts of building factories often comes up in exam papers. This has an assessment criteria sheet that can be used in the following lesson for students to self assess.
4. PowerPoint, main part of the lesson with starter, theory, practical activity on reacting acids with carbonate, then focus on reactions, includes plenary.
5. Alternative plenary activity, revision as this would be last lesson in the topic. Taboo- students have to guess the word without using any words on the list.