A simple powerpoint to explain what this is; the role of the school; how it can be spotted and how to get help - with an NSPCC clip
Perfect assembly length - to then be expanded upon and followed up in tutor time / RE / PSHE and leading to British Values
Starter translation exercise - with challenge element
Presentation of new vocab on characteristics - showing m/f spellings
Key phrases slide with reminder of the key verb - être
Listening activity - who is being described - match with picture. Listening embedded in powerpoint and also attached separately.
Personality vocab matching exercise - with challenge task
Presentation again of vocab and on screen match
Writing task to describe celebrities
13 slides - complete lesson
2 puzzles that require students to search for the school subjects in French - one has the solution puzzle also.
1 puzzle that has 'mes affaires' - supports Métro 1 - also with the solution puzzle
1 puzzle and the solution on the classroom instructions - introduced in Métro 1
1 puzzle on school life including: L'école maternelle = nursery school / l'école primaire = primary school le collège = secondary school / un carnet de correspondance = student planner/diary
les externes - pupils that go home for lunch / un collège public = a state school
les cours = the lessons / une permanence = a free lesson / devoirs = homework
Ideal to reinforce vocabulary / for starters or homeworks
Worksheet with all the sports from Métro 1 p.56 - lists the French - just requires the English to be filled in.
wordsearch - quel sport aimes-tu? Good as a starter or a homework.
Crossword - fill in the sports in French
Unjumble the sports and then find them in the puzzle
3 food matches - matching the German to English - 2 specifically break time foods and phrases
1 word search - searching for the break time foods in German
Very simple - quick starters or Homework/consolidation
1. 2 texts to read and understand - note down the activity and time it happened.
2. A straightforward list of questions in German to answer on daily routine.
3. A worksheet asking for the times in numbers to be matched with times in words.
4. A worksheet to match the daily routine phrase to the picture.
An assembly to inspire and motivate students to make the most of their talents. Katie Piper; Barack Obama and Jessica Cox - among others.
Also a notes sheet attached - giving more info on the famous people mentioned
1. Just a map of the uk with weather symbols on it - could be use for Q & A in French for the different weathers in different places - or for other activities - writing and speaking
2. ICT task - activities that should fill a full lesson on the weather.
3. Worksheet - requiring the student to write what they do in certain weathers - practises the use of 'quand' + hobbies
Simple puzzle in French - zoo animals
A word search with 8 hidden domestic animals in French - also the solution
A crossword with 8 French animals - although the French is in anagram form and needs to be unscrambled
1. Work sheet matching useful phrases to talk about work experience - good as a starter or homework. Uses the imperfect tense a lot.
2. Translate the bubbles into English (they state what sort of work you would like to do) and then write a sentence to state what job you want to be. The first one has been done for you, as an example.
Work sheet 1 - match the synonyms
Work sheet 2 - match the words with the definitions and then fill the gaps in the sentences with an appropriate word.
Work sheet 3 - 20 higher level pieces of vocabulary to match with their definitions
Work sheet 4 - match the words with the definitions.