1. Power point 1:
Objectif: to learn how to use and form the perfect tense in French.(passé composé) To use it to talk about things in the past.
Challenge: to learn all the parts of the verb not just je and nous and also recognize irregular verbs.
2. Worksheet - match the past tenses in French and English
3. Worksheet that presents past tenses using 'avoir' and also those using 'etre'
4. Presentation showing infinitives turning into past tenses/perfect tense
5. Power point with various activities - gap fill / spot the mistake / cross word of past participles - all avoir /perfect tenses
6. A presentation showing how present tense phrases turn into the perfect tense
7. A word search - looking for perfect tenses
8. Power point that explains and practises the perfect tense with etre verbs
1, Simple sheet - Modal Verbs
Finish the sentences with an ending of your choice.
Remember the second verb goes to the end in its infinitive form! Full range of modals included.
2. Display / presentation showing 'man kann' with a variety of phrases that would complete the sentence - all linked to keeping fit.
3. Crossword with 14 clues to translate.
Translate the clues and then fill in the puzzle. When you have finished, write a sentence using each one.
Work sheet 1 - match the synonyms
Work sheet 2 - match the words with the definitions and then fill the gaps in the sentences with an appropriate word.
Work sheet 3 - 20 higher level pieces of vocabulary to match with their definitions
Work sheet 4 - match the words with the definitions.
14 slide power point.
Has revision of hair and eyes starter and some extension work
Goes on to adjectives for height and weight. Presentation of key phrases.
Presents key words
Presents/recaps key verbs avoir and être
Includes 2 reading tasks
2 writing task - with challenge element
1 grammar exercise to spot m/f from adjectives
All slides also then present the answers afterwards
Definitely enough for 1 lesson
Which connectives are these dictionary definitions of? Read the definitions; fill in your answers in the crossword and then write a sentence for each one. 10 in total - answer sheet attached also.
2 puzzles that require students to search for the school subjects in French - one has the solution puzzle also.
1 puzzle that has 'mes affaires' - supports Métro 1 - also with the solution puzzle
1 puzzle and the solution on the classroom instructions - introduced in Métro 1
1 puzzle on school life including: L'école maternelle = nursery school / l'école primaire = primary school le collège = secondary school / un carnet de correspondance = student planner/diary
les externes - pupils that go home for lunch / un collège public = a state school
les cours = the lessons / une permanence = a free lesson / devoirs = homework
Ideal to reinforce vocabulary / for starters or homeworks
1. 2 texts to read and understand - note down the activity and time it happened.
2. A straightforward list of questions in German to answer on daily routine.
3. A worksheet asking for the times in numbers to be matched with times in words.
4. A worksheet to match the daily routine phrase to the picture.
A power point including a starter and several reading texts, with comprehension - looking to identify the top grade criteria in German written work.
Challenging - whole lesson
L.O. To be able to recognise A/A*(Grade 8/9) criteria in a written text, linked to the topic of
media, with a view to incorporating them in your own tasks.