A simple powerpoint to explain what this is; the role of the school; how it can be spotted and how to get help - with an NSPCC clip
Perfect assembly length - to then be expanded upon and followed up in tutor time / RE / PSHE and leading to British Values
L.O. to be able to talk about getting in shape. To be able to understand the formation of, and use, the future tense accurately. Grade 6+ criteria
Full 1 hour lesson - starts with 'garder la forme' phrases to match with the English - all using the infinitives of the key verbs
Then looks at the formation of the simple future with practice - full verb conjugation and sentences with an infinitive verb to turn into the future.
Irregular verbs also given - with some further practice.
Then translation passage - English into French
Finally a crossword for homework - all verbs to change into the future simple.
One slide also suggests oral work with students guessing what the teacher will be doing to keep fit - flashcards needed for this bit. Not included.
Which connectives are these dictionary definitions of? Read the definitions; fill in your answers in the crossword and then write a sentence for each one. 10 in total - answer sheet attached also.
1. 2 texts to read and understand - note down the activity and time it happened.
2. A straightforward list of questions in German to answer on daily routine.
3. A worksheet asking for the times in numbers to be matched with times in words.
4. A worksheet to match the daily routine phrase to the picture.
1. Just a map of the uk with weather symbols on it - could be use for Q & A in French for the different weathers in different places - or for other activities - writing and speaking
2. ICT task - activities that should fill a full lesson on the weather.
3. Worksheet - requiring the student to write what they do in certain weathers - practises the use of 'quand' + hobbies
Suitable for Year 7 or 8 French students
A good starter before this would be to use dictionaries to look up 5 places in the town and discuss the possibilities for the definite article.
This the reminds how to say 'to the place' - with examples and own practice. There is a final task with a challenge element for the more able. This would take a whole lesson.
2 puzzles that require students to search for the school subjects in French - one has the solution puzzle also.
1 puzzle that has 'mes affaires' - supports Métro 1 - also with the solution puzzle
1 puzzle and the solution on the classroom instructions - introduced in Métro 1
1 puzzle on school life including: L'école maternelle = nursery school / l'école primaire = primary school le collège = secondary school / un carnet de correspondance = student planner/diary
les externes - pupils that go home for lunch / un collège public = a state school
les cours = the lessons / une permanence = a free lesson / devoirs = homework
Ideal to reinforce vocabulary / for starters or homeworks
A crossword in German to practise the countries and basic phrases about where you live.
Good starter or homework.
Words and phrases include:
2 I live in....
5 Where do you live?