A simple powerpoint to explain what this is; the role of the school; how it can be spotted and how to get help - with an NSPCC clip
Perfect assembly length - to then be expanded upon and followed up in tutor time / RE / PSHE and leading to British Values
Eating awareness power point - Eating disorder week 27th Feb 2017
Power point to explain what an eating disorder is - look at the 3 main types and how to spot the signs and how to get help.
Charlie's story also - as part of the power point.
Good for assembly / tutor time / PSHE time
An assembly or tutor time powerpoint that goes through what Fairtrade is and how we can help.
Will need to take out / alter the specifics to my school and local supermarket that are having a stand in Fairtrade fortnight - but quick and easy to alter.
A useful resource to support Fairtrade fortnight and educate / raise awareness of young people to such a good cause.
A power point that goes through what sexting is; what you should do; who can help and the illegality of it.
Could be used in a set of assemblies following Internet safety day on 7/2/17
Assembly; tutor time or PSHE resource
1. 2 texts to read and understand - note down the activity and time it happened.
2. A straightforward list of questions in German to answer on daily routine.
3. A worksheet asking for the times in numbers to be matched with times in words.
4. A worksheet to match the daily routine phrase to the picture.
An assembly for back to school and the New Year.
It includes lots about the Chinese New Year and then several slides on what new year means to students - turning over a new leaf; improved behaviour / attitude / better progress
A power point including a starter and several reading texts, with comprehension - looking to identify the top grade criteria in German written work.
Challenging - whole lesson
L.O. To be able to recognise A/A*(Grade 8/9) criteria in a written text, linked to the topic of
media, with a view to incorporating them in your own tasks.
1. A presentation with a vocabulary task at the start - French words to describe a person's characteristics / personality to be matched with the English
Then a bullet point exercise which needs to be expanded into a properly written piece, including the necessary verbs.
2. A second presentation that reinforces the verb 'to be' and looks and further adjectives for personality. Anagram exercise at the the end.
Starts with a vocab match
Then pictures with the question in French - is it good or bad for your health?
Then moving to slides asking why it is good or bad for your health and introducing reasons
Includes key verb / use of ' il faut' and negatives like ne plus / ne jamais etc
Highlights certain grade criteria - albeit talking in grades A*-G - so need to update to the 1 -9
Includes a homework task and more
1. Presentation - very long - Each slide gives first a written clue.
This is followed by picture clues (some with sound) and then finally by the homophones.
Can you spell the homophones?
In most cases there are two homophones. Where there are more, the number is shown in brackets at the end of the written clue.
2. Work sheet that would be a good starter - Homophones
(Words that sound the same or similar but have different spellings and meanings)
Write in a matching homophone for the word shown on the left each time.
3. Word search and answer grid - puzzle searching for the pairs of homophones
4. 2nd power point - You will have thirty slides with clues to two or more words with different meanings, different spellings, but the same sounds.
A power point presentation with 20 collective nouns to work out.
10 slides that could be done together
10 more questions that then have a multi choice answer - followed by answer slide
4 things for students to create their own collective noun
Task to research 10 more animals and find out the collective noun
Presentation power point with all the phrases from p.30 Métro 3 - J'ai faim / soif etc.
Work sheet - good and quick starter - match the French and English phrases
Puzzle and solution puzzle - word search with all these phrases hiddedn
A reading comprehension sheet - highlighting the use of Ich würde + infinitive
A puzzle on free time where the students have to search for free time linked words and phrases:
Ich mag nicht / Klavier / Ich spiele am Computer / Ich besuche Freunde
Fussball / Ich gehe Schwimmen / Ich faulenze / Ich fahre Rad / Ich lese / Ich tanze
A matching exercise on free time activities - match the English and the German