- To analyse the effects of rising oil prices and categorise effects into groups
- To examine a range of newspaper articles and use information to engage in peer teaching
- To evaluate some of the conflicts over oil and make choices based on reasoned argument
- All will know some of the effects of rising oil prices
- All will understand some causes and effects of international conflict over oil
- Most will have developed skills in questioning the value of evidence
- Some will have developed skills in judging the validity of other arguments
How learning/understanding will be monitored:
Orally - 1) Students peer Teaching – ‘No copying’ but explaining. 2) Responding to analysis, Synthesis, and evaluation questions
Written task - Students analysing newspaper articles to extract relevant categorised information
Other Observation – Quality and depth or oral explanation of already analysed information to peers in classroom discussion
Plenary – Students standing on continuum line with oral summary questioning that links back to objectives and outcomes
AFL: Hands up how well they have met outcomes.
PPT Geopolitics of Oil Pt 1
A3 Oil and Conflict Resource Sheets PRINT SLIDE
A3 Peer Teaching Sheets PRINT SLIDE
Lower – Have smaller/shorter articles to study – Sebastian
Higher – Push G&T When collecting info, ask if causes are Political/Governmental or Economical/Transnational Corporation?
Every Child Matters –
Be healthy, Stay Safe, Enjoy and Achieve, Positive contribution, Economic Well being?
Every Child Should: Enjoy Peer teaching and a variety of learning tasks
Stay Safe with timed and controlled tasking
Positive contribution in analysing and elaborating on other students opinions
Economic wellbeing- understanding pitfalls of economic corruption in Oil Industry