• speaking and listening skills
• sentence building with 8 intermediate-level verb forms
• connected speech
• International Phonetic Alphabet (IPA)
• information exchange
• reading comprehension
• role playing
• discussion questions
…including tests and full answers!
• 20 common English idioms
• 20 common English phrasal verbs
• 20 common English slang words and phrases
• 40 essential vocabulary words and phrases
Note: all activities include full answers. For detailed instructions please see P.xiii.
Sentence Focus Activities
2. Sentence Blocks + Sentence Blocks (without Function Words)
5. Sentence Block Extensions
6. Sentence Blocks – Sentence Stress and Vowel Sounds
8. Connected Sentence Cards
11. Connected Sentence Cards – with Consonant & Vowel Sounds
14. Connected Speech Template + Cut-Up IPA Sentence
Word Focus Activities
19. Discussion Words + IPA Version + Visualisations
22. Discussion Words Question Sheet
26. Information Exchange
29. Multi-Purpose Text:
• Original Text + Spot the Difference
• Guess the Function Words
• What’s the Question? + True, False, or Unknown?
• Glossary of New Words
Focus on Non-Literal Speech
35. Role Play with Non-Literal English + Features of Non-Literal English – Part 2 40. 20 Common English Idioms + Matching Game + Activities
43. 20 Common English Phrasal Verbs + Matching Game + Activities
46. 20 Common English Slang Words and Phrases + Matching Game + Activities 51. Unit Vocabulary Reference: Children, Teenagers, Adults, and Elderly People
Free Practice Activities
57. What Would You Do?
58. Discussion Questions
59. Agree or Disagree?
Continuous Assessment Tests
60. Vocabulary Test + Lesson Test