Worksheet to do first.
Students have to guess the title of the different definitions
Then correct it and go through the PPT, insisting on the pronunciation of the different words.
Ask what the picture is.
Ask them to explain what it is and its consequence on the environment.
Have a discussion on the risks they have around them.
Here are a few documents and presentation to help young children understanding a simple presentation of a boy and his friends.
Simple reading comprenhenson.
True and false reading comprehension
Fill the gaps activity
Powerpoint presentation to discuss.
Help with cultural knowledge as Le petit nicolas is a very famous story in France.
Here is my school.
Worksheet perfect for a cover lesson about "My School"
Gapfill type exercise and help to write own piece of writing.
Students are encouraged to use Present, Past and future tenses as well as opinions, justification, connectors etc.
The first exercise is perfect as an example for students to use for their own piece of writing.
Revision guide to practise for ROLE PLAYS.
For GCSE and COMMON ENTRANCE
The guide consists in :
- 2 Examples
- Common topics
- Common sentences
- words to be polite
- Exemple of questions !!
- Adjectives / opposites and their translation in English
Great to be stuck in the book at the beginning of the year and refered to when practising for RP or speaking activities.
This document is for all students and members of staff who are going on a Ski trip to France or Switzerland and need to be able to get by in the Target Language.
This document can be folded in a pocket ready to be used on the slopes or practised in the bus.
Watch a short video about Nicolas at school and answer the questions.
Great after using the other " Le petit Nicolas" resources from same author.
You can stop the video and practise school objects and classroom by asking questions.
You can also practise self presentation and physical description using comparison when talking about Nicolas' friends.
Topic - self presentation, school objects, friends, physical description.
Can be used in class before a holidays or as a homework.
Presentation PPT to practise 5 different Role-Play from Past papers.
Perfect to practise as a class.
Differentiated with the animations. Sentences can come up when necessary.
Excellent ressources for GCSE and COMMON ENTRANCE practice.
Reading comprehension: 'Pierre et le loup'
Pack contains 3 documents:
- Match up pictures from the book and parts of the story. ( can take up to two lessons).
Possibility of working on pronounciation and reading of the story.
- Easy Questionnaire about the story.
- Match up verbs and characters from the story. Opportunity to teach CAN + verbs.
Objective: Discover Pierre et le loup.
(can also use other pack to instroduce characters and story from my shop)
contains PPT presentation with listening activity and answers
contains worsheet where students cut out character cards and play with them whilst listening.
Reading comprehension. Students to access long story in French. Pack contains: 4 documents.
- Word document, whole story of Pierre et le Loup" for teacher to refer to.
- Word document with whole story disorganised for students to cut out and reorgonise as they hear the story.
- Worsheet where students can read the story and highlight the words: Loup, Canard, Chat and Oiseau. Can give out both A4 or only one part. Would suggest starting the whole unit with this one.
- Wosheet: An extra exercise as extension or to begin the next lesson where students have to read a short passage and draw what happens. You have the image so you can show the students when they have completed their own drawing.
Objectives: Talk about the different characters of Pierre et le loup tale in French.
contains 4 files.
( Can be linked with other packs from my shop)
- Presentation about the characters.
- Presentation about the characters and their personnality
- Worksheet: Match up pictures and characters / animals
- Worksheet: Reading comprehension questions
Reading comprehension linked with Health problems
J'ai mal + body parts.
Text ( about 200 words long) + 10 questions in English
and a grid to complete finding the words in the text.
Possibility to Answer a question at the end to create own text as extension or home work.
Role-play Phrases types to use for GCSE and COMMON ENTRANCE practises.
Print both sheets and ask students to match the French and English
Print both sheets on double sides and ask students to work with a partner. One students say the english, the others tries to say it in French and the other checks it is correct.
Do this in every beginning of the lessons.