A folk version of the Christmas song. There are PowerPoints to facilitate the learning of simple percussion parts. There are questions to develop listening skills and note reading. You can either perform the song in unison or play an accompaniment. This can be extended to a simple harmony and a counter melody.
1. PPT Introduction – history of the song
2. PPT of the completed song
3. PPT teaching the accompaniments of the song with sound bytes.
4. Lyrics of the song
5. Video of the song
6. Mp3 vocals of the song
7. Mp3 backing with counter melody
8. Mp3 backing without percussion instruments
9. Notation melody
10. Notation chime bars
11. Notation counter melody
Mu2/1.1 play and perform in solo and ensemble contexts, using their voices and playing musical instruments with increasing accuracy, fluency, control and expression
Mu2/1.3 listen with attention to detail and recall sounds with increasing aural memory
Mu2/1.4 use and understand staff and other musical notations
Mu2/1.6 develop an understanding of the history of music.