WHO IS IT FOR?
- KS2 and KS3 Teachers- A great resource for 1 lesson for a Year 3 to Year 7 class
- All Teachers- A great resource for an interview based lesson
- Heads Of Department- a great resource for Open Evenings, Open Days and Taster Days
WHAT IS LEARNT?
- How to use the basics of Scratch
- How to enhance an existing game (add more spirtes, XY positions, sound, creating your own sprites, animating)
- Loops and IF Statements
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
- 1 Pupil Scratch Space Invaders Template
- 1 Teacher Scratch Space Invaders Full Game (based on completion of 3 worksheets)*
- 3 Worksheets for pupils
- Teacher Powerpoint
Based on a World War 2 theme your pupils will work for Bletchley Park learning the basics of cryptography, be introduced to binary, learn morse code before understanding the Enigma machine.
1) 8 lessons (starters, plenaries) and all materials including Student Workbook, film worksheet, 2 quizzes, SOW and Assessment sheet
2) Differentiated challenges based on a Star Wars theme
3) Delivered successfully to Year 8 classes over the last 2 years with half department non specialists
4) Covers parts of the Data & Data Representation curriculum
5) Links in with the Imitation Game film plus Maths and History curriculum.
6) Very visual and fun topic with high quality resources
Author is a current Computing and ICT teacher in the UK
This has been tried and tested with nearly 200 pupils!
WHO IS IT FOR?
- Heads of Departments, Keystage Leaders and Teachers
- Aimed at Year 7 but could be used for Year 6
o To understand what Cyberbullying is
o To develop a sense of what is right and wrong on the internet
o Be a force for good online with your friends and others
o Know how to report Cyberbullying
o Know what SMART is
o Create a professional letter using excellent SPAG
Lesson 1 and 2 are more theory based and Lesson 3 And 4 deals with a scenario with a make believe character called Gemma Mandelson who gets herself into a spot of bother online with her friends. I have created some "Fakebook" profiles (via Classtools) for realism (creates a real buzz)
WHAT DO YOU GET?
- 4 Lesson SOW
- 4 Lesson Powerpoint
- 3 Differentiated Worksheets (Level 1 to 3)
- 3 Differentiated Letter Templates (Level 1 to 3)
- 2 Sets of quiz questions for formative assessment (an added extra!)
- Fakebook profiles
In this resource you will receive:
6 Lesson Powerpoints
7 Scratch Files including Teacher guide to code
Assessment Workbook To Match Skills vs 2 Quizzes and 1 EOT Assessment
Student Evidence Workbook
Access to 6 Student Youtube Tutorials Recorded By The Author
A Fun SOW creating a Helicopter Rescue Game
Links in with KS3 Assessment Grid skill by skill (grid provided)
This resources explores:
a) Some of the key British inventors in computer science and technology
b) Video and then activity on Alan Turing (key characteristics of inventors)
c) Tim Berners Lee worksheet and independent research
What you will get is:
- 3 hours of work creating this
- 1 Teacher Powerpoint in theme of "Britishness"
- 1 Student Workbook
- 1 Student Worksheet (Tim Berners Lee)
- 1 Video about Alan Turing (from clips of Imitation game and documentary)
** Suitable for Year 6,7 and 8. This was used successfully with Year 7 classes this year.
1) Create an interactive quiz (using a hyperlinked powerpoint) about Hardware and Networks
2) Learn about processors, RAM, ROM, data storage, networks and input/output devices
3) Learn how to present key information to an audience
4) Testing and Evaluation Skills
Meets many of the areas of the National Curriculum e.g Harware & Processing and Communication & Networks