A huge revision PowerPoint of this entire unit. The OCR specification has 2 papers: this refers to Paper 1: International Relations, where there is one section on Nazi Germany. It is still very useful for other GCSE specifications of Nazi Germany.
At the end of the 107 slide PowerPoint there are 4,6, and 10 mark practice questions that are specific to the OCR exam only, but will still make useful revision. This PowerPoint is super detailed, with A* analysis of concepts such as causation, consequence, change and effectiveness.
Key questions include:
Was the Weimar Republic doomed from the start?
• How did Germany emerge from defeat in the First World War?
• What was the economic and political impact of the Treaty of Versailles on the Weimar Republic?
• To what extent did the Republic recover after 1923?
• What were the achievements of the Weimar period?
Why was Hitler able to dominate Germany by 1933?
• What did the Nazi Party stand for in the 1920s?
• Why did the Nazis have little success before 1930?
• Why was Hitler able to become Chancellor by 1933?
• How did Hitler consolidate his power in 1933?
How effectively did the Nazis control Germany, 1933–1945?
• How much opposition was there to the Nazi regime?
• How effectively did the Nazis deal with their political opponents?
• How did the Nazis use culture, propaganda and the mass media to control the people?
• Why did the Nazis persecute many groups in German society?
What was it like to live in Nazi Germany?
• What was the purpose of the Hitler Youth?
• How successful were Nazi policies towards women and the family?
• Were most people better off under Nazi rule?
• How did the coming of war change life in Germany?