* Each page contains a table that guides teachers on what to teach and expected outcomes each
* Table headings are: Objectives, Grammar & Tenses, Vocabulary, Pronunciation opportunities,
Questions, Possible activities, Homework and Stamps, HPA (more-able students)
* This scheme isn't intended to restrict teachers' activities, but to suggest ideas in case they're
looking for inspiration!
* Objectives are differentiated (green - weaker students; blue - mainstream; red - very able students.
* Integrates grammar pages, page resources and extension activities from Viva 1.
* Curates activities in the books to create a logical progression from discovery to production.
* Makes frequent reference to exercises and resources in Viva.
* Plenty of time built in for practice - almost all double page spreads are allocated two weeks.
* This means that some units are missed out. For example, Units 1.4 and 1.5 are missed out in half
term 1, but integrated into the revision stage in half term 6.
* Half term 6 revisits one module per week, making use of the excellent 'Skills' units at the end of
* Modules 1-5 are covered
* There is a bit of jargon in the scheme:
- HPA (high prior attainment = very strong students)
- Stamp - we mark students' work twice per half term, so when you see 'Stamp #1' or Stamp #2',
that's what it means!
- PC1, PC2, PC3 etc - stands for Progress Check. This is what we call our SIMS reporting.