These resources provide teachers with a PowerPoint and corresponding learning booklet, which allows pupils to follow through the lesson step by step with ease. The booklets contain elements from the OCR GCSE specification so pupils are navigated to exactly what they need to know. Additionally, each lesson and subsequently each booklet contains learning intentions and success criteria as well as a 'do it now' task to quickly engage pupils at the beginning of each lesson. Furthermore, each learning booklet offers opportunities for differentiation through gold, silver and bronze tasks and includes exam practice questions and homework.
The bundle includes all of Unit 1 (Applied Anatomy and Physiology) from the GSCE OCR Specification. Please see below for the exact breakdown of lessons provided.
Section 1: Anatomy and Physiology
Topic 1.1: The structure and function of the skeletal system
• Functions of the skeletal system
• Upper body bones
• Lower body bones
• Synovial joints
• Types of movement
• Types of movement at specific joints
• Components of joints
Topic 1.2: The muscular system
• Muscles of the body
• Movement and muscles
• Specific roles of muscles in movement
• This section also includes flow diagrams to help pupils remember the muscles that cause each movement in the body, e.g. flexion at the arm.
Topic 1.3: Movement analysis
• Planes of movement
Topic 1.4: Cardiovascular and respiratory systems
• Double circulatory system
• The role of blood and blood vessels
• The structure of the heart
• Pathway of blood through the heart
• Pathway of air through the respiratory system
• Roles of the respiratory muscles in breathing
• Aerobic and anaerobic exercise
Topic 1.5: The effects of exercise on the body systems.
• Short term effects of exercise
• Long term effects of exercise