This engaging 37 slide assembly uses storytelling to highlight how we can all make wrong assumptions and make decisions based from previously formed stereotypes. It looks at common stereotypes and the impact this can have on others.
The assembly covers the following:
• Fairy-tale story (leads students to make their own assumptions)
• Questions about story
• Answers about story (highlighting how the students may have made their own assumptions)
• Definitions of assumption and stereotype
• Common stereotypes
• Why we stereotype
• Impact of stereotyping
• How we can avoid stereotyping
• Inspirational video
• Follow up Tutor Time Task
Please also visit my TES Assembly Store where over 100 assemblies are available on a huge range of topics.