This is a 31 page, fully loaded revision, study and comprehension resource for Willy Russell’s Blood Brothers. This has been written with the latest AQA (9-1) English Literature specification in mind, but I’m sure this would work equally well with other exam boards and would also work nicely with the drama specifications such as OCR (I’ve thrown in an OCR GCSE revision mat to accompany the guide so that it works for drama too).
I’ve tried to make this revision guide as active as possible, so there are lots of activities and tasks for students to do as they work through the booklet. There’s a good balance of information and engaging tasks for students to work through.
Contents run as follows:
* Visual summary of plot
* Storyboard resource for students to then recall the plot and key events from memory
* Exploring the form and structure of the play
* Context (students explore key contextual issues and make connections between events from history and events in the play)
* Key Quotes - Students explore key quotes through analysis of their meaning and significance, quotes are broken down act by act
* Themes - Students make connections between themes, characters and events in the play
* Characterisation - Students have to complete a character profile for all the main characters using the study tasks provided
* Key Terminology - Exploring some key terminology and vocabulary that will deepen their conceptual understanding of the play as well as impress examiners.
* Exam questions - 5 exam questions worded and structured in the same way you will expect to find them on the new 9-1 literature paper
*Exam Techniques - Hints and tips on how to maximise performance in the exam.
Ideal for all teachers as there are very few past papers for the new specification; this covers all the assessment objectives they will need to cover. Definitely a grade saving resource that enables students to fully prepare for the exam.
Ready to roll, everything a student needs to revise for the exam and boost their confidence in the run up to the exam. Little/no adaptation required. Suitable for a range of abilities.
If you loved the resource and think it’s worth 5 stars, why not get another one absolutely free?
Simply leave a review, email email@example.com with your TES username and state the free resource* you would like!
(Free resource cannot exceed the value of the original resource purchased)