In this bundle, our fourth book The Secret Recipe, promotes our fourth message in our growth mindset series.
In this story two naughty bodz steal a recipe, which they think will allow them to get clever quickly. As the story unfolds it becomes evident that there is no such thing and that the only way to success is by hard work and determination. The story will captivate the imagination of your pupils and will not disappoint. We pride ourselves on a story rich in language. This story can also be used for PSHE, moral values and assemblies.
The bumper resource pack contains a lengthy PowerPoint and printable worksheets in which there are 9 interactive and educational tasks. The tasks in this resource are primarily about woodland creatures and their habitats.
The contents of this pack are as follows:
• An identification activity matching woodland creatures to pictures.
• A class game to name the missing creature.
• A reading task in which pupils have to identify a woodland creature from information relating to its habitat and food preferences.
• An audio based listening task for pupils work out which creatures are being described.
• A fun follow up guessing game activity in which pupils work in pairs.
• A comprehension question & answer pack based on the book (The Secret Recipe). This resource can be bought separately – see Comprehension Questions – Book 4 – The Secret Recipe.
• A whole class woodland quiz.
• A kinaesthetic activity for pupils to create, draw and label their own creature.
• A whole class art project to create a woodland scene.