On 8th May 2016 Sir David Attenborough, renowned naturalist and prolific wild life programme producer and presenter, celebrated his 90th birthday. David has captivated, enchanted and charmed people for 66 years with his dulcet tones and unique presentational skills to become a popular, respected and much-loved personality. He is still working - a truly inspirational person!
This resource is a fully editable, colourful, informative and interesting 90 slide presentation on David’s life and achievements. It is an ideal resource for Biology Week and Earth Day. This resource includes references to the following:-
• His birthdate, birthplace and parentage
• His family – siblings and children
• His education
• His interests
• His position in the BBC as BBC 2 Controller and Director of Programmes
• His wildlife and natural science programmes
• His favourite and most memorable moments in filming and producing programmes – gorillas of Rwanda, the penguins of South Georgia, Christmas Island crabs, meeting a bird of paradise, the first time he dived on a coral reef, meeting a blue whale, discovering a lost tribe
• Risks David has taken – abseiling down a tree in the rain-forest, being attacked by military ants in Africa
• Plants and animals named after David
• Some interesting facts – most travelled person, skull found in garden from a murder, his favourite holiday destination, his favourite animal, his least favourite animal
• His major achievements – BAFTA, knighthood
• His patronage of Charities and organisations
• His commentary on Adele – the singer
There are several hyperlinks in the PowerPoint to short clips of his documentaries including Zoo Quest, the lyrebird, the bird of paradise, the penguins, the whale, the lost tribe, the lyre bird, the gorillas of Rwanda and his commentary on Adele.
A simple text, and slightly shorter version (77 slides), of this presentation is also available:
For more inspiring educational resources visit Inspire and Educate
Thinking of publishing your own resources or already an author and want to improve your resources and sales? Check out this step-by-step guide.