This professionally designed lesson introduces metacognition & self-regulated learning to students aged 11-16.
The lesson is fully resourced and contains:
- A PowerPoint Presentation
- A Double-Sided Colour Worksheet (A4)
- A Lesson Plan
The learning objectives of this lesson are as follows:
- Describe What Self-Regulated Learning (SRL) Involves
- Explain What Metacognition Is And Why It’s Important
- Evaluate Different Approaches To Metacognition & Self-Regulated Learning
The lesson is designed to last for a 1-hour teaching session: it includes a hook, learning objectives, starter activities, essential information, main activities (on the included worksheet), assessment for learning tasks and debate/discussion tasks. You can take a look at some sample slides from the presentation here and read the lesson plan here.
This download is ideal for teachers and educators looking for a comprehensive introduction to metacognition and self-regulated learning that can be delivered in one lesson: it’s a great way to introduce these important concepts to your students and get them engaging in relevant reflection activities!