A complete lesson walk-through including 4 different activities an additional tarsia game to start (ready to print with qs and a PowerPoint, embedded video, plenary activity and teacher prompt sheets.
The lesson objectives are:
• Discuss significant structural and managerial changes in the NHS from 1948-1996
• Explain what internal markets are and why they were introduced
• Identify the impact of the internal market for service users and providers
• Suitable linked assessment criteria is:
• Discuss significant changes in the funding and structure of the National Health Service since the introduction of the internal market
• Evaluate the impact of these changes on service users and providers
This lesson is suitable for students studying an Access to H.E. module, or other qualifications requiring coverage of the same topic.
There is a lesson plan which guides the teacher through all the activities and there are associated teacher prompt sheets to enable anyone to deliver this lesson without the need for additional research. A 5 minute video has also been created to enable a more visual explanation of internal markets, with the addition of student questions to help maintain engagement throughout. The lesson is more activity based than lecture based, and provides opportunities for comprehension and application of knowledge.