**THIS LESSON IS CURRENTLY ON OFFER WITH A CLASS ROOM GOOD GAMES VIDEO **
10 games demonstrated by an experienced teacher and a class which will be especially useful for Back To School getting to know a new class, observing your students and embedding class rules in a fun way! You will be given a link to the teaching video.
Perseus and The Medusa Lesson Set
Classroom Drama and Interactive Learning is a fantastic way to explore a Topic and to raise Literacy attainment.
This traditional Greek myth has all the makings of an exciting extended storyline for age 9+ and will cover a good term’s work with your class who will have lots of ideas for expansion in addition to the Lesson Plan suggestions.
The students will work together as a class and in groups to enact the story scenes and importantly to give them their own unique creative twist.
Full details, photos and links to a great free music website are all included in the lesson plan.
** Each activity either embeds or follows up with writing. **
OUTLINE AND KEY SKILLS AND ACTIVITIES.
- The Birth of Hermes- Done as a fantastic whole class Whoosh technique with Teacher’s script within Lesson Plan.
Into Literacy -Cartoon captioned stories.
- Athena and Hermes - Improvisation and Presentation in groups building confidence throughout.
Into Literacy - Embedding Scripting.
3.Perseus and the Graeae - Improvisation, Passing The Eye Technique.
- The Cave of The Stygian Nymphs - Mirroring, simple but very effective Movement Technique.
Into Literacy -Descriptive Writing
5.The Cave of The Medusa - Statues (Tableaux), Characterisation.
Into Literacy - Character description. Paired scripting, Atmospheric narratives with suggested atmospheric presentation ideas.
- Atlas and Andromeda - Still Images, Monster Movement.
Into Literacy - Exciting Accounts of saving Andromeda.
- The Olympic Games -Tableaux and Improvisation.
Into Literacy - Reporting the accident at the games.
- Back To Seriphus -Improvisation.
Into Literacy - Summary of Main Points in the Myth, caption stories.