This resource contains the first of three sets of mastery maths resources to support the delivery of the Year 2 Place Value - Autumn Term White Rose (WRM) ‘small steps’ programme. These resources are for Week 1.
The resource contains:
- a fully editable and interactive 28-slide PowerPoint lesson
- an accompanying set of 30 worksheets
- a set of worksheets designed for SEN students
- extension tasks
- a progress check assessment sheet
- lesson plans for each day
The resource contains worksheets / activities (concrete, pictorial and abstract) linked to the White Rose small steps with an emphasis on the mastery approach to learning advocated by the White Rose scheme and includes reasoning and problem-solving tasks. Answer keys and solutions are included.
The resources focus on the following objectives and small steps:
Year 2 Maths’ National Curriculum Objectives
- Read and write numbers to at least 100 in numerals and in words.
- Recognise the place value of each digit in a two digit number (tens, ones).
- Identify, represent and estimate numbers using different representations including the number line.
White Rose Small Steps
- Count objects to 100
- Read and write numbers in numerals and words
- Represent numbers to 100
- Tens and ones with a part whole model
Thinking of publishing your own resources? Check out this step-by-step guide How to Become a Successful TES Author: Step by Step Guide