This resource contains the second set of three sets of mastery maths resources to support the delivery of the Year 2 Place Value - Autumn Term White Rose (WRM) ‘small steps’ programme. These resources are for Week 3.
The resource contains
- a fully editable and interactive 35-slide PowerPoint lesson
- an accompanying set of 20 worksheets with solutions
- a progress check assessment sheet
- lesson plans for each day
The resource contains worksheets / activities (concrete, pictorial and abstract) linked to the White Rose small steps with an emphasis on the mastery approach to learning advocated by the White Rose scheme and includes reasoning and problem-solving tasks. Answer keys and solutions are included.
The resources focus on the following objectives and small steps:
Year 2 Maths’ National Curriculum Objectives
- Recognise the place value of each digit in a two digit number (tens, ones)
- Compare and order numbers from 0 up to 100
- Identify, represent and estimate numbers using different representations including the number line.
- Count in steps of 2, 3 and 5 from 0, and in tens from any number, forward and backward
- Use place value and number facts to solve problems
White Rose Small Steps
- Order objects and numbers
- Count in 2s, 5s and 10s
- Count in 3s
Thinking of publishing your own resources? Check out this step-by-step guide How to Become a Successful TES Author: Step by Step Guide