The sixth part of seven engaging lessons which bring Scandinavia into the classroom. Discover interesting information, amazing videos and differentiated activities while covering key KS2 National Curriculum geography and English objectives. Teach an effective lesson with no preparation necessary, just glance through the PowerPoint and you’re ready to go.
This is written for KS2, ideally for years 4, 5 and 6 but could be easily adapted for year 3.
This lesson covers these important teaching points:
- Who are the Scandinavians? Video link explaining Viking history
- How do Scandinavians celebrate Christmas? Lesson starter craft activity
- What will my mind map look like? Discussion and mind map examples
- What makes each country in Scandinavia unique? Fact cards covering food, religion, music, art, festivals, symbols, royalty, language and immigration
- How are these elements linked?Discussion of ideas
- Which time zone is Scandinavia in? Challenge task
- Who is from Scandinavia? Famous person research extra challenge task
All resources are included, so just print the fact cards if you’d like and a detailed lesson plan and your lesson is ready.
All lessons in this unit are designed to link to and extend work in English with challenges linking to English objectives, e.g. persuasive writing features.
All reviews welcome.
To teach Scandinavia throughout the curriculum, download my English and art units:
You can find many more engaging and high quality resources at my Teachallenjoy Shop