The fourth of seven engaging lessons which bring Scandinavia into the classroom. Discover interesting information, amazing videos and differentiated activities while covering key KS2 National Curriculum geography and English objectives. Teach an effective lesson with no preparation necessary, just glance through the PowerPoint and you’re ready to go.
This is written for KS2, ideally for years 4, 5 and 6 but could be easily adapted for year 3.
This lesson covers these important teaching points:
- Where would people settle in Scandinavia? Map analysis
- Why have people settled by the coast, waters and on flat land? Photo study and explanations
- What are the capital cities like? Maps and facts to discuss
- Where do they source water from? Map study
- What natural resources do they trade and how?Children to use fact cards to complete a table
- What have you learnt? Logo design task
- Can you use your reasoning skills? Challenge pollution task
All resources are included, so just print the fact cards, tables and a detailed lesson plan and your lesson is ready.
All lessons in this unit are designed to link to and extend work in English with challenges linking to English objectives, e.g. persuasive writing features.
All reviews welcome.
To teach Scandinavia throughout the curriculum, download my English and art units:
You can find many more engaging and high quality resources at my Teachallenjoy Shop