The final part of seven engaging lessons which bring Scandinavia into the classroom. Discover interesting information, amazing videos and differentiated activities while covering key KS2 National Curriculum geography and English objectives. Teach an effective lesson with no preparation necessary, just glance through the PowerPoint and you’re ready to go.
This is written for KS2, ideally for years 4, 5 and 6 but could be easily adapted for year 3.
This lesson covers these important teaching points:
- Who are the Sami people? History of people and discussion
- Where do the Sami people live? Map study
- What is changing for the Sami people? Video of lifestyle and information
- Why has their lifestyle changed? Images and discussion
- What does the future look like for the Sami people?Video of opinions
- How could we help? Main activity
- Which technique have you used? Self assessment challenge task
All resources are included, so just open the video links and print the detailed lesson plan and your lesson is ready.
All lessons in this unit are designed to link to and extend work in English with challenges linking to English objectives, e.g. persuasive writing features.
All reviews welcome.
To teach Scandinavia throughout the curriculum, download my English and art units:
You can find many more engaging and high quality resources at my Teachallenjoy Shop