This resource contains a set of 16 worksheets on identifying and using the literary devices of similes and metaphors.
Resource contents include
Worksheets on Identifying similes and metaphors in sentences and poetry and literature from The Ancient Mariner by Coleridge, Sea Fever by John Masefield, I wandered lonely as a cloud by William Wordsworth, The Highwayman by Alfred Noyes, A red, red rose by Robert Burns, several bible verses and Shakespeare quotes.
Worksheets on composing sentences and short paragraphs containing similes and metaphors on themes including foggy day, the haunted house, the snow, the combine harvester, candle flame, trees, hate, love, happiness.
An explanation sheet with examples of metaphors and similes and the difference between them.
An accompanying powerpoint on similes and metaphors is also available
This resource contains a 37 slide powerpoint on the literary devices of similes and metaphors
The content includes
1. Explanation and definition of simile and metaphors.
2. Why they are used.
3. Examples of similes and metaphors from poetry and literature - I Wandered Lonely As a Cloud (William Wordsworth) , The Ancient Mariner (Samuel Taylor Coleridge), The Highwayman (Alfred Noyes), My luv is like a red, red rose ( Robert Burns) and the Bible.
4. The difference between similes and metaphors.
5. Opportunities to identify similes and metaphors
6. Images to stimulate students to compose their own similes and metaphors.
Save money and buy the worksheets and powerpoint together at a discounted rate
Save money and buy both resources together at a discounted rate
Thinking of publishing your own resources or already an author and want to improve your resources and sales? Check out this ‘must have’ step by step guide.