Tes Institute was founded in 2014, and is now the largest Subject Knowledge Enhancement provider and fifth-largest qualifier of teachers in England.
We are the teacher training and development part of Tes and an Ofsted inspected, accredited provider of initial teacher training (ITT).
At Tes, we’ve been empowering teachers for over 100 years, and just one of the ways we continue to do this is through our innovative training and development programmes from Tes Institute.
Our award-winning online and in-school programmes support teaching staff in over 123 countries. It's our mission to support you at every stage of your teaching career, providing you with the knowledge and qualifications you need to become a world-class teacher and leader.
We recognise the need to provide global solutions that support you throughout your teaching career, some of the ways we do this are:
- Helping teaching assistants and other school staff to gain qualified teacher status (QTS)
- Preparing teachers to teach multiple subject specialisms and develop their skills, classroom confidence and teaching practice
- Providing international teaching staff with tailored qualifications and courses that suit a range of curricula and school needs
- Supporting leaders to become highly effective and progress in their careers.
Tes is a global company employing over 600 people across 20 offices, including in London, Sheffield, Hong Kong, Sydney, and Dubai.
Many of the Tes Institute team have a background in education with some of us being former teachers or school leaders. We have a wealth of knowledge and experience across the team which we use to support our learners at every stage of their teaching journey.
We work with a number of membership organisations across the world and you can find out more abut them on our partnerships page.
* Database of trainee teachers and providers and internal data (Salesforce), February 2020
** Source: DfE website and Tes Institute survey data, 2019
*** Source: Curatr, 2019