Lessons in Behaviour Management CPD course
Being able to run a classroom where children are free to learn is one of the largest concerns and fears for teachers. It is also one of the main reasons teachers decide to leave teaching within five years.
Our new online behaviour management CPD course will guide you through a number of behaviour management strategies and techniques, from understanding the basics of running a classroom to dealing with varying levels of disruption.
Written by Tom Bennett, this CPD course will give you the confidence to deal with the most common behaviour management problems including lateness, low-level disruption and major confrontations. During this behaviour management course, you will delve into the psychology of behaviour management and Tom's top ten strategies for running a classroom and ensuring that your pupils are getting the most from their lessons.
Topics covered in this CPD course
You will have online access to a range of videos, articles, presentations and animations that focus on a particular aspect of behaviour management; all of which are tied together through the peer-to-peer discussion threads. You will also be given extension materials that allow you to delve further into a particular topic.
This professional development course should take 8-10 hours to complete and will ask you to put what you’ve learnt into practice and report this back within the course framework, helping to encourage peer-to-peer and reflective learning.
- What is Misbehaviour?
- The Psychology of Behaviour Management
- Top Ten Behaviour Management Strategies
- Advice for Dealing with Misbehaviours
- ‘Low Level Behaviour’ - How to Deal with it
- Fight Club: Preventing and Diffusing Major Confrontations
- How to React to a Confrontational Student
- Getting Quiet in the Classroom
- The Need for Rules and Boundaries
- Setting Out Good Rules and Routines
- Setting Out Expectations
- Deterrents, Rewards and Rehabilitation
- Consequences, Sanctions and Praise?
- Using Sanctions and Rewards to Best Effect
- Least to Most Intrusive Intervention
- How to Talk to a Student Following Misbehaviour
- Don’t Fall into Bad Habits
You will learn a number of effective classroom management strategies that focus on both your relationship with the students and the wider school establishment. By the end of this behaviour management training, you will be equipped with the confidence needed to handle the most common classroom problems.
Start tackling your classroom disruption today
Start today, it’s as easy as 1. 2. 3.
- Click Buy Now
- Complete the payment process
- Start your Behaviour Management CPD course
How to buy CPD courses for your teachers
Schools can buy single or multiple access to the course for teachers using our school voucher order form. On submitting your order we will issue you with an invoice and course voucher codes which your teachers use to access the course. To activate the course your teachers must enter the voucher code on the course payment page.
To read our cancellation policy please click here.