About this CPD course
Based on the Education Endowment Foundation’s (EEF) guidance report - ‘Making Best Use of Teaching Assistants’ - this free online CPD course is aimed at school leaders and provides you with a step-by-step guide that can help you to transform Teaching Assistant deployment and practice in your school.
Using text, video and interactive content, this professional development course for teachers brings the EEF guidance report to life. There is extensive footage from one of the schools in which the ‘Making Best Use of Teaching Assistants’ guidance has been successfully implemented, with outstanding results. You will also find exclusive interviews with two of the report’s authors, as well the Chief Executive of the Education Endowment Foundation, Sir Kevan Collins.
Who should enrol on this course?
The deployment of teaching assistants is the school leadership's responsibility and this short, free professional development course is intended for senior school leaders and headteachers who want to maximise the use and impact of this valuable resource.
- Understand the research and best practice guidance around making best use of teaching assistants
- Learn how tweaks to deployment can transform TA preparedness and practice
- Find out how to overcome key obstacles to change
- Discover how to construct a TA Development Team to ensure you take all staff with you on your journey of change
- Gain insight into what TA best practice looks like in all areas of school life
Hundreds of thousands of teaching assistants are employed throughout the UK. Yet, they are often deployed in such a way that their job becomes difficult to do. Frequently they are excluded from training and not prepared as well as they could be. This course shows you how to maximise the impact of teaching assistants. It gives insight into critical research explaining how TAs are used- and how they could be used better. It walks you through the steps you need to take to transform the working lives of your TAs, helping you to raise achievement and make better use of your existing staff in the process.
How is the course delivered?
Using real classroom footage (from Pye Bank CE School), interviews with the co-authors of the EEF Report, and a wide range of bespoke resources, example strategies and techniques designed in conjunction with schools, Mike Gershon helps you explore how you can make best use of teaching assistants in the classroom.
As a self-directed course, users are encouraged to complete it in a linear manner. Each unit contains two videos, three pieces of text, next steps guidance and a set of curated resources.
- Introduction to the EEF guidance report - ‘Making Best Use of Teaching Assistants’
- Your School’s Context
- Teaching Assistant Deployment- School Level
- Teaching Assistant Deployment- Classroom Level
- Preparing Teaching Assistants
- Structured Interventions
- Linking Learning
- Next Steps
Start your free Making best use of teaching assistants CPD course today
- Click Enrol Now
- Go to Making Best Use of Teaching Assistants
- Click join this course
- Start your Making Best Use of Teaching Assistants CPD course