It can help you to:
- Understand how to make the best use of TAs
- Learn how deployment can transform the preparation and practice of TAs
- Identify strategies to overcome and avoid key obstacles to change
- Discover ways to create TA development teams
- Understand how TA best practice can help all areas of school life
Who should enrol on this course?
Based on the Education Endowment Foundation’s (EEF) guidance report - ‘Making Best Use of Teaching Assistants’ - this free online CPD course is aimed at senior school leaders and headteachers. It gives you the steps needed to transform the working lives of TAs and designed to provide you with training material that works towards teaching assistant deployment and practice in your school.
This course shows you how to maximise the impact of teaching assistants. It gives insight into critical research explaining how TAs are used- and how they could be used better. It walks you through the steps you need to take to transform the working lives of your TAs, helping you to raise achievement and make better use of your existing staff in the process.
How is the course delivered?
Using real classroom footage interviews with the co-authors of the EEF Report, and a wide range of bespoke resources, example strategies and techniques designed in conjunction with schools, Mike Gershon helps you explore how you can make best use of teaching assistants in the classroom.
- Introduction to the EEF guidance report - ‘Making Best Use of Teaching Assistants’
- Your School’s Context
- Teaching Assistant Deployment- School Level
- Teaching Assistant Deployment- Classroom Level
- Preparing Teaching Assistants
- Structured Interventions
- Linking Learning
- Next Steps