Brampton Manor Academy
Newham, United Kingdom
About Brampton Manor Academy
Brampton Manor Academy is a highly successful 11-18 mixed school and we serve a rich and culturally diverse community in East Ham, close to London City Airport and the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park situated in Stratford.
Ranked as one of the top schools in the country for pupil progress at both GCSE and A Level and rated ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted in all categories in both 2012 and 2018, our students recently featured in the national media as a result of 51 of them securing conditional offers to study at Oxford or Cambridge. This follows the 41 offers that were made to students in 2019, with 38 Brampton students now studying in their first year at Oxbridge. You can read about some of their individual stories here:
Brampton Manor converted to Academy status in April 2011 and formed a multi-academy trust called Brampton Manor Trust in 2013. In January 2014, Brampton Manor sponsored another local school, Langdon Academy (a 3-16 school), who joined our Trust in January 2014. There is strong collaborative working between our schools.
Brampton Manor is an excellent place to start to your career in teaching or to gain further experience if you are already a teacher. We passionately believe that economic disdavantage must never be a barrier to student attainment and this explains why our students make outstanding progress at GCSE and A level and progress to some of the most competitive universities in this country. Co-curricular opportunities for our students are immense and we invest a lot in developing these soft skills in our students.
At Brampton Manor, we invest heavily in staff appraisal and development. Our training is bespoke to the needs of our staff and we strive to ensure that our staff have a good work-life balance.
We look forward to receiving an application from you. You will find us to be a bunch of highly ambitious and passionate educationalists, who believe in the transformative power of education.
Staff benefits include the following:
- Membership of the Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Recruitment/retention allowance
- Tax free bicycles through the Cycle to Work Scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Timetable contact time of 76% for NQTs
- Free use of the Academy’s fitness suite
- Free training programmes and advice from the School’s Fitness Coach
- Transport for London season ticket loan
- A loan to purchase a Laptop or tablet device to assist with teaching
- A Loan to assist with rental/accommodation deposit
- Free refreshments throughout the school day
- A Relocation package/allowance for staff employed from outside London
- Life insurance for those in the Teacher Pension Scheme
- A strong commitment to professional development, with a substantial budget for whole school training and individual courses. Support is given for post- graduate degrees and other relevant qualifications.