Crompton House C of E School
Oldham, United Kingdom
About Crompton House C of E School
Crompton House Church of England School is a co-educational secondary academy with sixth form in Oldham, Greater Manchester. The 1,300 students who attend are required to be members of the Anglican church in order to gain a place (except for in the sixth form). The academy is located in the High Crompton area of Oldham, but also serves the communities of Rochdale, Middleton, Alkrington, Bamford, Littleborough and Saddleworth.
The school is served by the Anglican Diocese and left the governance of Oldham Council to become an academy in 2011. Crompton House was founded in 1926 by Mary Crompton.
Values and vision
Crompton House CofE School aims to provide opportunities for every student to maximise their potential. The school pledges to promote the welfare of young people and expects all members of Crompton House’s personnel to share this objective.
The school was awarded specialist status as an arts college in 2005 and has recently completed construction of a new drama centre.
“The behaviour of students is outstanding. Students’ conduct is excellent, including during break time, at lunch time, during assemblies and tutorial sessions, as well as in lessons and between lessons. As a result, students are always punctual for lessons and no learning time is wasted because of lateness. Students’ attitudes to learning are excellent in nearly all areas of the curriculum.”
The new Teach Oldham website is now live, please click on the link below for further information