RGS The Grange
Worcestershire, United Kingdom
About RGS The Grange
Introduction - RGS The Grange is one of three Prep Schools within the RGS Worcester family of Schools. We are sited two miles north of Worcester city centre and take children from 2 to 11 years of age from a wide catchment area within Worcestershire. At RGS The Grange we have talented, trusted and committed staff who ensure that every child receives individual attention. We welcome 350 plus pupils to an education within our 50 acre site with facilities to rival any senior school. RGS The Grange is a member of the Independent Association of Prep Schools (IAPS).
We offer extended Before School, After School Care and Holiday Clubs throughout the year.
Our Staff - RGS The Grange is proud of its high academic standards, its pastoral care, and the wealth of co-curricular opportunities. Key to this success are the staff that work here. We employ a wide range of staff including Teachers, Teaching Assistants, Early Years staff, Cleaners, Estates, Finance, IT, Human Resources, Technicians and many others across our family of schools.
We recruit staff of high calibre from a variety of sector backgrounds. A teaching qualification, whilst desirable, is not essential; we can and do provide full support for those who wish to become qualified teachers after appointment. People who work here will have a love of their subject and the ability to inspire and challenge able pupils. Our staff enjoy making an active contribution to co-curricular activities, both for the reward of the activity itself and because of the different dimension it gives to their relationship with their pupils.
Professional Reward and Development
We recognise the expertise of our staff and aim to create an inspiring environment in which you can work to your full potential and develop your career.
What we offer:
· Competitive salary with additional allowances for extra responsibilities
· Contributions to professional training costs where there is a benefit to the School and many opportunities for continued professional development projects
· The opportunity to take part in our bespoke Teachers ‘Middle Leadership Programme’ for sustained long term development
· Personal Development and recognition through our annual appraisal scheme
· Full commitment to the induction and training of NQT’s, providing excellent support from our in-house Professional Development Mentor
· Comprehensive INSET programmes, delivering high quality seminars, shared good practice and insights from external speakers
· As one of only a few APPLE Distinguished Schools in the Midlands, the opportunity to take part in becoming an ‘APPLE Teacher’. More details here: https://www.apple.com/uk/education/apple-teacher/
· Well-resourced departments
· Automatic enrolment into the Schools Pension Schemes
· For Teachers you will have the opportunity to become a certified Showbie Educator
Rewards and Perks
To make everyday life just that bit easier, we are continually developing the variety of rewards, discounts and perks we can offer our staff.
What we offer:
· Fee remission for staff of children who satisfy the admissions criteria (proportionately reduced for part time staff)
· Access to your own laptop and iPad
· Cycle Scheme for all staff
· Free refreshments and lunches when the School is operational provided by our excellent Catering team from Holroyd Howe
· Private healthcare with the option to add a spouse or dependant at preferential rates
· For Teachers the option to join either Teachers Pensions or TPT Retirement Solutions at highly attractive rates
· For Non-Teaching Staff the option to join TPT Retirement Solutions also at highly attractive rates
· Discounted membership to Les Mills on Demand Classes for all the family
Health and Wellbeing
Your health and wellbeing is important to us and we encourage our staff to make use of the services offered to help you live and work healthily and happily.
What we offer:
· Family friendly policies including flexible working, enhanced maternity and paternity pay.
· Two paid ‘Family Days’ to help staff cope with life’s emergencies
· Free use of the School’s Gym at agreed times following an induction with a qualified member of staff
· Free access to our Employee Assistance Programme with Health Assured 24/7, which includes up to 6 free counselling sessions and caring and compassionate advice to help staff cope with a range of life challenges such as bereavement, debt and consumer issues.
· Free access to Health Assured’s Wellbeing app to support with health goals
· Ad-hoc wellbeing sessions delivered by our own staff such as yoga and meditation
Community and Environment
This is a stimulating, welcoming community where colleagues build supportive professional relationships and friendships
What we offer:
· A supportive network of experienced Heads, Deputies and Senior Leadership Teams
· Highly skilled and academic staff who, together are integral to the successful running of the School
· As part of the staff community there are opportunities to take part in enjoyable social events, sports activities and more
· By joining a family of four Schools, the opportunity to work across our School sites and work collaboratively with others, enhancing the development for both you and our pupils
· A beautiful environment which combines well-maintained historic buildings with state-of-the-art facilities, including a new international standard Hockey Centre with state-of-the-art water-based pitches, a joint venture with Worcester Hockey Club and Worcester Council.
· Many parts of our beautiful and flexible School sites are available to hire at a discounted rate to staff
· Friendly and supportive staff who work together and share resources and ideas
School Aims - The aims of the School are to reach a high level of academic achievement, to be a caring and civilised society within a well-disciplined environment and, by placing emphasis on a wide range of sporting, cultural and other activities, to extend pupils in as many ways as possible. Overall, the aim is to offer a balanced and challenging education, which will stand pupils in good stead in their future schooling and within the community at large. Our School film ‘Worcester is Green' (see below) gives a flavour of our pupil-centred approach.
The Governors of RGS Worcester are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service. Safeguarding forms part of the interview process.