The John Fisher School
Sutton, United Kingdom
About The John Fisher School
About The John Fisher Catholic Comprehensive School
Our mission is simple – we aspire for academic, cultural and sporting excellence. We want to be the best all boys’ catholic comprehensive school in the country!
John Fisher is an oversubscribed 11-18 comprehensive school with 1056 students including 231 in the Sixth Form. We are located just outside Purley town centre and a 15 minute walk from the train station (27 minutes from London Bridge and 20 minutes from Gatwick Airport). Our new £2.8 million facilities here have expanded the school which enabled us to take on an additional 30 students per year from September 2016.
There is definitely a culture of achievement at John Fisher and visitors always comment about our “distinctive” ethos. If you come to visit us, you will see that our students are happy and are very positive about our school.
Our vibrant staff are enthusiastic and passionate about ensuring our students get the very best deal. Looking after our staff and ensuring they are supported and given every opportunity to develop: “As an NQT, I was very pleased with the support I received” (Ella Fowler, Teacher of Art); “Since joining John Fisher I have secured a leadership role on the Senior Leadership Team within one year” (Eoghan Galgey, Subject Leader RE & Associate Assistant Headteacher).
Providing staff at all levels with professional development opportunities is part of our culture. We offer an extensive CPD programme, work in partnership with King’s College, London and are the lead school in Sutton’s Science Hub.
In our previous Ofsted inspection both ‘Behaviour & Safety’ and our Sixth Form were judged ‘outstanding’ and the school has an 'Outstanding' Section 48 inspection report. In 2016, the school secured 83% 5 A*-C EM and an 'Outstanding' ALPs judgement at A-level. At A-level, 26% A*-A grades, 61% A*-B and 100% A*-E.
The John Fisher School was a SSAT Double Award winner in 2015 for Exceptional Student Progress and Attainment and a Pupil Premium Award Winner in 2016.
· A strong feedback culture and established programme of induction and mentoring.
· A supportive environment in which your enthusiasm will be nurtured and talents valued.
· A commitment to your professional development, leadership training and career management.
· The chance to network with outstanding practitioners as part of the ‘Partners in Excellence’ programme.
· Free access to our on-site gymnasium.
· Residential experiences available to Austria, Spain, Belgium, France, South Africa and USA.
Other aspects of the school include:
· An Award Winning Choir
· Extensive Extended Schools Programme to include Duke of Edinburgh, Debating and Shakespeare Schools Festival.
· Runners Up in National Rugby 7's in 2015, Top 10 Schools nationally in Cross Country, Top 100 Schools nationally in Cricket.
Since joining John Fisher I have secured a leadership role on the Senior Leadership Team within one year.- Eoghan Galgey, Subject Leader RE & Associate Assistant Headteacher
As an NQT, I was very pleased with the support I received.- Ella Fowler, Teacher of Art