Included are: 1st quarter math, 5.NBT standards —to reinforce students’ practice and mastery of 5.NBT.1-7.
• CCSS aligned with careful adherence to state and district standards.
• No Prep format: Print and go.
• Over 70 unique problems that promote math fluency, collaboration and
• Answer keys are included.
• Student work-space printouts are included.
• Designed for “brain friendly” classrooms! With 5th grade assessment style questions, students will build strength to persevere in making sense of problems and to complete them with confidence.
Kid Tested--Educator Approved: These products have generated excellent feedback. A quote: “I couldn’t believe how engaged the kids were in talking about math.” They support research and best practices.
You will see your students become participants as they problem-solve and receive instant reinforcement on correct thinking about math.
Build Collaborative Accountable Talk.
These 7 sections progressively develop the “I can” statements and clarify the entire 5.NBT standards.
• I can recognize that a digit in one place represents 10 times as much or 1/10 of what it represents.
• I can represent powers of 10 using whole number exponents.
• I can explain patterns when multiplying a number by powers of 10.
• I can explain patterns in the placement of the decimal point when a decimal is multiplied or divided by powers of 10.
• I can read and write decimals to thousandths using base-ten numerals, number names, and expanded form.
• I can compare decimals using >, =,
• I can compare two decimals to the thousandths based on the place value of each digit.
• I can round decimals.
• I can fluently multiply multi-digit whole numbers.
• I can divide a 4-digit dividend by a two-digit divisor to find a quotient with no remainder.
• I can use strategies to solve division problems.
• I can illustrate and explain division problems.
• I can add, subtract, multiply, and divide decimals to hundredths.
• I can explain the reasoning used to solve decimal problems in written form.
Ways to use this resource: supplement whole-class math instruction; use in math centers, in small groups—for intervention and reteaching.
Print in color or grayscale.
Purchasing this product grants permission for use by one teacher in his or her own classroom. If you intend to share with others, please purchase an additional license.
Please email me at ClassaroundtheCorner@gmail.com if you have any questions.