This bundle contains a fully editable and interactive 80-Slide PowerPoint lesson and a 21 page workbook to support the delivery of the Year 2 Addition and Subtraction - Autumn Term - Block 2 White Rose (WRM) ‘small steps’ programme. This PowerPoint is for Week 3.
The PowerPoint contains tasks and activities (pictorial and abstract) linked to the White Rose small steps with an emphasis on the mastery approach to learning advocated by the White Rose scheme and includes reasoning and problem-solving tasks.
The PowerPoint focuses on the following objectives and small steps:
Year 2 Maths’ National Curriculum Objectives
- Recall and use addition and subtraction facts to 20 fluently, and derive and use related facts up to 100.
- Add and subtract numbers using concrete objects, pictorial representations, and mentally, including: a two-digit number and ones; a two-digit number and tens; two two-digit numbers; adding three one-digit numbers.
- Solve problems with addition and subtraction: using concrete objects and pictorial representations, including those involving numbers, quantities and measures; applying their increasing knowledge of mental and written methods.
White Rose Small Steps
- Add a 2-digit and 1-digit number – crossing ten
- Subtract a 1-digit number from a 2-digit number
- crossing ten
- Add two 2-digit numbers – not crossing ten – add ones and add tens
The workbook contains 21 worksheets / activities (concrete, pictorial and abstract) linked to the White Rose small steps. The workbooks are available in both PDF and word format to enable editing and personalisation of the workbook.
Thinking of publishing your own resources? Check out this step-by-step guide How to Become a Successful TES Author: Step by Step Guide
To be kept informed of new resources click here and follow.