Systems and Processes:
- Sources of energy in hot desert environments: insolation, winds, runoff
- Sediment sources, cells and budgets
- Geomorphic processes: weathering, mass movement, erosion, transportation, deposition
- Origin and development of landforms in mid and low latitude deserts: aeolian - deflation hollows, desert pavements, ventifacts, yardangs, zeugans, barchans and sief dunes; water - wadis, bahadas, pediments, playas and inselbergs
- Distinctively arid geomorphic processes: weathering (thermal fracture, exfoliation, chemical weathering, block + granular disintegration
- The role of wind: erosion (deflation + abrasion), transportation, suspension, saltation, surface creep, deposition
- Sources of water: exogenous, endoreic + ephemeral, the episodic role of water, sheet flooding and channel flash flooding
It's good to leave some feedback.
Something went wrong, please try again later.
This resource hasn't been reviewed yet
To ensure quality for our reviews, only customers who have purchased this resource can review it
Report this resourceto let us know if it violates our terms and conditions.
Our customer service team will review your report and will be in touch.