A set of 10 ready to use worksheets with answers on argumentative writing.
After working with these worksheets students will be able to:
- Recall conventions of argumentative writing.
- Apply authorial technique to organize arguments logically.
- Analyse author’s use of language and the impact of it in argumentation.
- Demonstrate argumentation skill in writing using language and tone appropriate to the audience.
This download includes worksheets on:
- Deciding whether the given images are - an argument, a fight, or a debate.
- Using PPC, PEE, and IQC models to construct arguments.
- Choosing a cross-curriculum topic to construct arguments.
- Using Toulmin Argument Model to construct an argument.
- Demonstrating the skill of argumentation in writing.
- Answering multiple choice questions on argumentative writing.
- Identifying the key elements of an argumentative paragraph.
- Using PEEL technique to analyze an argument.
- Reading the argument to answer questions.
- Reading the argument on “Be Yourself” to answer questions.
Here are some possible uses for these in your classroom:
- To challenge early finishers
- For effective tutoring
- As ESL stations and sub tubs
- As holiday work and homework
- For small group collaborations
- For an end of unit assessments
- For reinforcement and enrichment